• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest airlines leveraged buyout issue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mr. Kelley will not have any say in the matter. If a group of investors want to LBO SW it will be to enrich themselves. Its "just business". He will go along with their plan or deliver the "leaving for personal reasons" speech. Then you will see a hitman such as Neil Cohen come in and the raping will begin. You will not be able to do anything but layback and enjoy the raping. Don't get me wrong, I don't wish this to happen as I have many friends and family in your pilot ranks. I want you guys to get raises and an improved contract, so at some point in the next decade us bottom feeders at NWA can have something to shoot for. But don't think for one minute GK or any of the current mgmt. team have any say in the matter. Good luck.

Gary Kelly was interviewed on CNBC two weeks ago and stated that he did not think SWA was a good LBO candidate because the culture would have to be preserved for it to be successful. In an LBO, the corporate culture of SWA would probably be diminshed. I also read that the poison pill provision was eliminated to improve flexibility of the board for various provisions, not just a possible LBO maneuver.

Corporate culture. Success. Poison pill. They don't care about all that crap. All they want is to milk the cash cow dry.

That would be about it.. Then he will ask the employees to help service the debt:) once things don't pan out as smoothly as he envisioned.

Mr. Kelley will not have any say in the matter. If a group of investors want to LBO SW it will be to enrich themselves. Its "just business". He will go along with their plan or deliver the "leaving for personal reasons" speech. Then you will see a hitman such as Neil Cohen come in and the raping will begin. You will not be able to do anything but layback and enjoy the raping. Don't get me wrong, I don't wish this to happen as I have many friends and family in your pilot ranks. I want you guys to get raises and an improved contract, so at some point in the next decade us bottom feeders at NWA can have something to shoot for. But don't think for one minute GK or any of the current mgmt. team have any say in the matter. Good luck.

Hey man. Thanks for the pep talk....... I think. LOL. Let's that little sliver of doubt come raging in.

BTW. Love the Cobra nickname (and your "handle") you guys have. Although after this last round I might have to come up with something slightly less antagonistic.

Gup

Air Tran guys get the red eyes.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back