• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airlines co-founder Rollin King passes away

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Very sad. As I've always understood it, the plan for the Texas Triangle routing was his and was based off his study of PSA's route structure.

RIP-
A great man for sure and instrumental in getting SWA to sustained success

R. I. P.

Notwithstanding our current president's "you didn't build that" idiocy, is it safe to say that he did build it?

R. I. P.

Notwithstanding our current president's "you didn't build that" idiocy, is it safe to say that he did build it?

Way to interject politics into a somber post. You ***********************************. Mr King was a visionary and yes he built it well. We are proud and humbled by his hard work.

Way to interject politics into a somber post. You ***********************************. Mr King was a visionary and yes he built it well. We are proud and humbled by his hard work.

Mr. King's passing is indeed a somber occurrence. It reminds me that entrepreneurial vision is being strangled by an overreaching government that makes his kind of vision and leadership nearly impossible.

I apologize for offending sensibilities that are primarily focused on the occasion.

Maybe it's a little like Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak, both instrumental despite some tension and differing views in later years? At any rate, RIP Mr. King.

Will the love be there for John Ornstein or Brian Bedford when they pass? They've done the same thing in a way. Taken advantage of a glut of pilot labor to get them to work more for less than their peers at then other airlines.

Latest resources

Back