• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest 5 year...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And like the sun coming up in the morning....there's a Southwest guy showing off his W-2....standard ops around here.

Well, in this case, he was specifically asked that question. In fact, that was even what the thread was about, from a guy who was curious, so he could decide on a career choice. How do you think HSC should have replied instead? "I'd be happy to tell you, but I don't want to upset Bill. You'll just have to guess." :)

Bubba

The guy only wanted to know about 5th year pay.
I fly 105 trips and average 15 to 16 days off. I live in base too. I won't count per diem either. Salary at $113.95 with 105 trips a month is $11,965 a year $143,580. I put 12% in 401K and got 9.3% match or $13,495. Profit sharing for me last year was $11,855. Total monies $168,930. Hope this helps

Yeah, ok. i get that math.. but where's GL when we need him?
honestly i forget, do you start with TFP, divide by 5 legs a day then add number of layovers in LBB and then subtract hot fudge sundaes ? or is it the other way around.

Well, in this case, he was specifically asked that question. In fact, that was even what the thread was about, from a guy who was curious, so he could decide on a career choice. How do you think HSC should have replied instead? "I'd be happy to tell you, but I don't want to upset Bill. You'll just have to guess." :)

Bubba

Just a joke Bubba...forgot the smiley.

Cheap ass pilots dragging their food bags around with them for days: reason #45 why I'm glad to be out of the airline business.

I bring a food bag so I can eat healthily during the day in order to retire in the same size 32/34 pants I wore when I got here. Then I get in a good work out before dropping a "C note" at the bar at night.

It ain't about saving money. It's about looking 30 something when your 60, not having a 60 something inch waste when your 30.

Last edited:
Yeah, ok. i get that math.. but where's GL when we need him?
honestly i forget, do you start with TFP, divide by 5 legs a day then add number of layovers in LBB and then subtract hot fudge sundaes ? or is it the other way around.

That's some funny swizzle right there. :). Where do we get the free sundaes ? I'm a new guy.

I am here now. Looking at 180k easy at 7 years commuting with straight time pickups. Living in base over 200k as an FO easy if you know how ;) and want to :)

And there is something about working for a company that has the only recommended financials by Wall Street. I mean we own so much of our stuff it adds security to the business. Other airlines can dump you in the blink of an eye.

Last edited:
Wonder what his present and future clientele would think of him if they saw how he acted on an internet forum?

It'd be funny if his posts made Yelp.

Him and his Dad have a rep and foundation of the business to fall back on or ruin if he so chooses.

I will say that someone in business is better off not letting his customers know his political views and internet stupidity.

I.E. My kids karate instructor was young with a new struggling school, and he decided to post his right wing extremists insane views on the internet. Way off the deep end. I must say I educated my kids on his stupidity thanks to his Facebook page.
His school went under within 4 years.

128 thinks trains are going to take over for the airlines now. How he justifies quitting the airline biz I guess.

I am still a little annoyed a rep wants us to go balls to the wall and possibly burn the place down for our group when he had no future stake in the outcome. That is kind a unethical.

Last edited:
I'd show you my W2 but the laughing would hurt my feelings. I Commute, work as little as possible, and never pick up anything extra.

That's some funny swizzle right there. :). Where do we get the free sundaes ? I'm a new guy.

International long haul flights and some nonstop transcon flights offer "free" ice cream sundaes to First or Business Class pax, and the pilots usually get offered too. If you're a newbie at SWA, that won't happen for you. All 3 legacies are still hiring though, and each have 5,000 pilots retiring over the next 5-10 years. That would mean the "choice" of INTL long haul and those free sundaes would be within your grasp eventually. But, enjoy SWA and if you do get tired of 5 leg days within Texas or across the country and want variety in planes or trips, apply to any of the big 3. Good luck.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back