• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest 5 year...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yet you are still here. Let it go Maverick. Go to the real estate forum. You have more in common there.

It's more fun annoying you SWAholes.

Pudge,it sounds an awful lot like you look down upon those that choose to bring their food with them on trips. Is this correct?

RV

Didn't mean to get the conversation riled up about per diem. The original thread was about pay. I thought it was a valid point to bring up for someone considering moving over....first year pay can be tough at many jobs.

I know it is not true compensation but it is money we get. Some spend more than others on the road...so some get to use it for other things.

On that note time for breakfast... Not a food bagger... Rest closed on arrival last night.

Starving Marvin right now!

Pudge,it sounds an awful lot like you look down upon those that choose to bring their food with them on trips. Is this correct?

RV

Some of the guys who bring their own food do so for a healthier option on the road. From what I've heard, "pudge" wasn't exactly the poster boy for Men's Health.

Exactly! In my case, I got soooo sick of bar food, subway, and crap hotel food (salt galore)That I started being totally self sufficient with my "food bag" about 8 years ago. As a result, I eat when I want, (sometimes a sandwich enroute) and since my wife is an excellent chef, I bring left-overs for my dinners. As a by-product, I save a lot of money, and I think I'm healthier than I was. Still, I'll never be on the cover of Men's Health either!!

RV

I'm not surprised that you're one of the feed bag haulers, Dick.

Cheap ass pilots dragging their food bags around with them for days: reason #45 why I'm glad to be out of the airline business.

As a SW guy you might not have to bring some food with you. Flying normal hours in the states and what not. However try showing up in STI or SDQ at 3am with no food. You will go to sleep hungry. I enjoy some oatmeal for breakfast and in many hotels and locals it's airport food breakfast or an $18 hotel breakfast. Either way no thanks. I will gladly bring my food bag and enjoy some almonds or pistachios while the other guy is throwing down yet another bag of Doritos with 7 chips in it. Not to mention a small black luggage works food bag looks better attached to your RON bag than the backpack any day.

Latest resources

Back