Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flypmp

Southwest 1st qtr profit $24 mil!!!!

Southwest reports $24 million first qtr profit excluding special items!!!! After special items $11 million profit!!! Good job!

Last edited:
Congrats to my fellow Red Bellied Warriors. Gary said something about "modest capacity growth" later this year. Let's hope we've turned the corner on this period of no growth.

Gup

Hopefully you are correct Gup. Hopefully this is a good start to a variable pay raise Sept 1 and growth. Congrats to all SWA employees. Good news.

Gary told CNN today that SWA to the Carribean and Mexico is a "transformation" they are looking at and one that Southwest has been readying for for the past 10 years.

Makes you say hhhhmmmmm, I just dont see 8 flights a day from BWI to STI or AUA.......their frequency model is gonna have to change. 12 times a day from BWI and MCO to SJU, yes but the other island stuff, not so much.

Gary told CNN today that SWA to the Carribean and Mexico is a "transformation" they are looking at and one that Southwest has been readying for for the past 10 years.

Makes you say hhhhmmmmm, I just dont see 8 flights a day from BWI to STI or AUA.......their frequency model is gonna have to change. 12 times a day from BWI and MCO to SJU, yes but the other island stuff, not so much.

It's a good thing you don't work for our schedule planning department! Read on swalife that we're bringing the new planes in the desert out at the end of April!

It's a good thing you don't work for our schedule planning department! Read on swalife that we're bringing the new planes in the desert out at the end of April!

I still dont see 8 flights a day to STI or AUA.........the carribean just doesn't have that kind of capacity. It will be interesting to see what they do.

I still dont see 8 flights a day to STI or AUA.........the carribean just doesn't have that kind of capacity. It will be interesting to see what they do.

Agreed. I just hope that it is SWA flying those routes instead of a codeshare partner. Hopefully, Gary is gun shy now that the WestJet deal fell through. Regardless, it was great to see a profit today.

While a good job in the airline industry, it is a pathetic return on capital overall. I don't how long the entire industry can run like this, but it seems like forever.

While a good job in the airline industry, it is a pathetic return on capital overall. I don't how long the entire industry can run like this, but it seems like forever.

Depends on what kind of return you're looking for. Ask some of those investors who have thousands of shares what they are looking for and I bet you get a lot of different answers. Remember, greed will get you either real rich or real broke.

Latest resources

Back