Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flychick45

Southern air schedule

So, is there any truth to the 15 on and 15 off schedule that I have come across by word of mouth. I am asking about the lowest seniority pilot there.

Thanks for any input

There is no 15 on 15 off. Not happening. Plan on at least 18 days or more when you go out. Plenty of extra flying if you want it also. Scheduling is a nightmare right now. Trip pairings are changing daily. You will have to be flexible or you will not last long.

Last edited:
The schedule sucks. There is no 15/15 schedule right now. They are so short staffed that even the 20/10 schedule isn't cutting it. The problem is not enough bodies coupled with the worst scheduling department in the industry (or at least the worst director of scheduling in the industry). For example, they call for a favor, give you the sob story about there is no one else, then when you agree to ONE day off to help them, they help themselves to 3-4 of your days off. When you protest, you are told (and I quote here) "If you do not fly this trip, I will mark it as a no-show/ refusal, and that is a terminatable offense here." (That qoute by Dickie). This being on GDO (Days Off)/ Vacation Days.

On the flip side, a couple of hours and a couple of phone calls to the chief pilot and all is straightened out. At least he stills respects and follows the contract (and backs the crews).

The schedule sucks. There is no 15/15 schedule right now. They are so short staffed that even the 20/10 schedule isn't cutting it. The problem is not enough bodies coupled with the worst scheduling department in the industry (or at least the worst director of scheduling in the industry). For example, they call for a favor, give you the sob story about there is no one else, then when you agree to ONE day off to help them, they help themselves to 3-4 of your days off. When you protest, you are told (and I quote here) "If you do not fly this trip, I will mark it as a no-show/ refusal, and that is a terminatable offense here." (That qoute by Dickie). This being on GDO (Days Off)/ Vacation Days.

On the flip side, a couple of hours and a couple of phone calls to the chief pilot and all is straightened out. At least he stills respects and follows the contract (and backs the crews).

You pretty much nailed it. Not a great place to be right now. Lets hope the new classes help out a bit.

You pretty much nailed it. Not a great place to be right now. Lets hope the new classes help out a bit.

new classes just mean that they have more of an envelope to push. theyll turn around to sales and say they have more bodies, so ink more flying.....

an airline like this needs to get out there and fly and if their guys sit around for too long or arent kept busy for 25ish days a month then the furlough word starts flying........at leats that is the way it was at brand x

15 on 15 off. HAH!!! Try 35 on and 10 off. Worst schedule in the entire industry. It's not scheduling, more like crisis management.

At least he stills respects and follows the contract (and backs the crews).

Refresh my memory here: What contract?
You guys joined the Teamsters or formed an In-House?
And the company actually agreed to negotiate and sign a contract?

It was tried over at Tradewinds a few years ago, but they fired all the union guys....Problem solved..:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back