• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southern Air jump-seat agreements

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

"a.) It costs money, and until Southern has to pay for such a thing, they will not do so.

b.) We don't really jumpseat. We are issued tickets for travel to and from our home (to/from wherever the plane happens to be). If I personal travel anymore, I just use accumulated FF miles...

Sounds strange, not having the jumpseat if you have grown accustomed to it, but honestly I have never missed it. Commuting to work sucks, I really don't miss that." This is from another thread and is not my statement.

Last edited:
Aircraft are not equipped for the carriage of jump-seaters, Most seats are taken up by company personnel. Overall operations are "nonsked" in the full meaning of that phrase - flights are added, delayed or dropped by the customers frequently. Most operations currently are exclusively overseas and only transit the U.S occasionally. All this limits, or for all practical purposes eliminates "reciprocal" agreement opportunities.

unwashed's sentiment pretty much sums it up.

"a.) It costs money, and until Southern has to pay for such a thing, they will not do so.

b.) We don't really jumpseat. We are issued tickets for travel to and from our home (to/from wherever the plane happens to be). If I personal travel anymore, I just use accumulated FF miles...

Sounds strange, not having the jumpseat if you have grown accustomed to it, but honestly I have never missed it. Commuting to work sucks, I really don't miss that." This is from another thread and is not my statement.

Ironically enough, not having CASS is not a bad thing. The Southern Air way is the way it should be with every airline. They're supposed to pay you to get to base, instead of having to rely on a jumpseat.

Jump-seats should not be used for business purposes, though there are a lot of pilot commuters who use them to get to or from work.

I was thinking of jump-seating more along the lines of travel privileges at pax carriers. As a dispatcher, it is great to be able to get on a plane to visit friends, and relatives or travel to places as a tourist. Some places are easier to get to than others on different airlines as well, but that is another topic.

Latest resources

Back