SouthEAST Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

habubuaza

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone works for or worked for Southeast airlines. Are they still in business, and what's it like to work for them if they are. Thanks very much any information is really appreciated.

Hello,
I cannot recall the name of the fellow, but a gentleman purchased the rights to the old National Airlines "Sun King" logo and it's on the tail of Southeast's aircraft.
About 10 days ago I worked a DC-9 charter that was flying gamblers from Roanoke to Atlantic City. They also fly a lot of charters down to Nassau, Freeport, etc...

Regards,

ex-Navy rotorhead

Flyseal.com works also. The company is linked to the old SunJet Int'l. I sent a resume to the Largo address with no reply. They operate several charters out of GPT to Florida and from the Midwest and Northeast to the Caribbean and Mexico with MD-80s and DC9-30s. They also run scheduled flights from PIE, SFB and FLL to the Northeast.

Great information. Thank you. It does look like they are still in business and actually have expanded. I wonder if they are positioning themselves to swallow up routes being abandoned by Pan Am now. I understand Pan Am is furloughing 10% of it's work force and abandoning some routes. Anybody know anything about that?

The company is a low fare "public charter" company their schedules are erratic ..ie.your days off is on the road. i was partof the initial team in the training Dept.the owner is welloff but doesn'tplan to get into the public market unless its charter.
my advie is unless youknow some one there forget it, however ifyou must be employed by them then be prepared and buy a BIG jar of vasaline.

Southeast Airlines
A scare to remember

I see them (Southeastern) in EWR all the time.

They fly old school DC-9s, engines look burnt to a crisp at the back. Heard 'em on clearance once picking up route to an exotic locale. White, black & yellowish paint job.

JTrain

Hiring Pilots

Rumor is from one of our former DC-9 pilots, he is in a "new hire" class of 45 DC-9/MD-80 pilots at Southeast

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back