• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SouthEAST Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well it seems that they are hiring for a modest fleet/route expansion. I understand that they only have one DC-9 left out of 10 airplanes the rest are MD82's and MD88's. I believe they do alot of flying for Apple vacations. Alot of Carribbean stuff.

Typical crappy non-sked jet operator

I've got three friends there (well, 1 friend, two acquaintances). It is your garden-variety non-sked operator. Seniority means very little. No union, No contract. Hire street captains over you, fight for your pay, crappy schedules and treat you like a bad episode of the Springer show.

I normally fly cargo for Ryan International but we have one 727 that flies people out of St. Louis down to Cancun. I occasionally see Southeast MD-80s down there. The contract mechanic we use down there also does MX work for Southeast and he told us that Southeast was about to be cut off for not paying their maintenence/fuel/ground handling bill for like the previous six months. That was a couple of months ago that I heard that and, strangely enough, I haven't seen any Southeast planes down there lately. Sounds like your typical low budget operation...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back