Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kilroy

http://www.filecabi.net/v
DId any else get stuck in southbend Sat nite after then Notre Dam game. Rediculous 255 GA aircraft trying to leave at once with only one operating runway. It took almost an hour to get a clearance.

I overheard some controllers on Cleveland center askin' a Gulfstream about it. They were amazed at the number of planes goin' in there just for the game...

Welcome to the wonderful world of Notre Dame football...at least they've figured out how to park and fuel airplanes. I was there in the early '90's for a game, put in my fuel order when I arrived, and had to hijack a fueler 10 hours later after my passengers got back from the game. THEN I got to wait an hour for clearance, and spend 45 minutes on the taxiway ;)

Fly safe!

David

it seems alot more collage games are turning into a "super bowl" type atmosphere.

BTW I already have my rooms for Detroit (4 King N/S) No waiting for hours to leave after the game for me.

we held for 45 mins and another 25 mins of delay vectors...added over 1:15 extra going in. By some mircale we did a quick turn and got out. The stupid thing for us is we went there to pick up 2 hours before kick off!

Last edited:
Southbend Chaos

It was quite a sight.....one of the controllers said last time it was like that was when Nebraska came to town 5 years ago. What was the deal with NO "call for engine start"? It was a free-for-all!

I have been to other events in which STMP was into effect and they had less aircraft operations. At what point do the implement traffic management programs. Is it a number of aircraft anticipated or prior history of the event??

It was crazy!! At kick-off the official plane count was 248. By the end of the game when all of the fractionals had come back in to pick up their pax there were over 320. The record was 188 for the FSU game in 92-93'. Every possible space was used for parking, they were only expecting 200.

Latest resources

Back