South Pacific Flying..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

falconpilot

Just found out that the boss want to go to Austrailia... Going to PHNL first.. Any suggestions on fuel stops.. I was thinking of going to the Marshall Islands then on into Austrailia. Going in a Falcon 50.

Where are you going in Australia? Fiji might be more direct and better set up for transients. Majuro has a reputation for expensive fuel you might want to call ahead.

Also, Universal says Majoro should only be at night at certain times of the year because of birds. No MX avial either. We planned (did not go) with using Fiji for these reasons. There was a very small difference in flight. If you are going south you can use Pago Pago (Am Samoa) as well.

falconpilot- Please keep us updated as you prepare for the trip. The boss has mentioned wanting to do Australia/New Zealand in our 50 and I'd like to learn as much as possible.

The problem Im having is trying to keep the legs around 2000 to 2300NM. PHNL to Fiji is about 2700nm, PHNL to Majuro is about 2200nm. Ive heard the lots of negative about Majuro.. We are going to Brisbane, Austrailia. Fuji is starting to look like the place to go....

Last edited:
There used to be an outfit out of ATL that had a contract in a G-1 to fly from HNL to Wake , Kwaj, and I think a few other stops inbetween. I had met the Chief Pilot in the Drifters Reef in Wake...his name was Joe. ANy information on what happened to that company? I think it was Phoenix Aviation! It was a government contract to bring in employees to the islands. THey had an awesome looking FA on board also!

Fuel Stop

Just found out that the boss want to go to Austrailia... Going to PHNL first.. Any suggestions on fuel stops.. I was thinking of going to the Marshall Islands then on into Austrailia. Going in a Falcon 50.

Just used Fiji (NFFN) as a fuel stop between Hawaii and Australia - good service from handler Air Terminal Services

Doesn't Australia have some pretty strict rules for entry as well. I am sure the 50 is fine, but you might want to check about noise and cabatoge. I remember reading in Pro Pilot that Australia is one of the most difficult to deal with as a foreign registered aircraft.

Guys the info is great... Keep it comin... Not sure about entry into Austrailia munga... I never thought it would be an issue... Ill be sure to check into that.. But we're just going to put the ball in Universal or Colt's court for Handling... We used Colt going to Russia a few weeks ago.. I was pretty sceptical at first, be was very pleased and impressed with how well everything went....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back