• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

South Pacific Flying..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We operate a N reg 900 out of New Zealand and regularly go to Australia without any problems al all. ATS Fiji is good, Noumea is very expensive. Use Brisbane Jet Base in YBBN, the guys there will look after you. Accomodation in YBBN is expensive for what you get, if you are there for more than three days I highly reccommend getting a rental car and driving down to Surfers Paradise [45min drive] and staying at the Marriott resort. Excellent beaches.

Watch out for places like Tonga.

Pm me for more specific info if you wish.

This is Joe left Phoenix Air in 99 for United. Spent lots of time in Drifters ,were you with the military at the time we met?

Also, Universal says Majoro should only be at night at certain times of the year because of birds. No MX avial either. We planned (did not go) with using Fiji for these reasons. There was a very small difference in flight. If you are going south you can use Pago Pago (Am Samoa) as well.

If you over night in Pago Pago, stay at the "Tradewinds Hotel" DO NOT STAY AT THE RAINMAKER!!!!!! You'll be sorry and so will you're boss!

Majuro

We use to use Majuro for many transits in a 727, never had a problem except once when the fuel pump was running at the same rate that you would expect from a gas station. As far as the birds, that is for the birds, you would rather find Majuro in the daylight I think. Things could have changed, but I would considere giving a call to Southern Cross Aviation, they have ferried thousands of aircraft through those parts, they are in Callifornia, Camarrillo to be exact. Also Tarawa is what we used to use as a fuel and overnight stop heading to Australia in C-182's.

You will enjoy Australia, and they kind of give FAA registered aircraft with American accents a bit of a break on their first trip in. :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back