• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

south florida flight schools

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SKY Blue Aviation Academy in BOCA is the best. Newer Equipment, High Standards, Former Airline Instructor running it. The best Customer Service!

You can't go wrong.

SKY Blue Aviation Academy in BOCA is the best. Newer Equipment, High Standards, Former Airline Instructor running it. The best Customer Service!

You can't go wrong.

They are very good indeed. I've been at various schools and they are by far the most organized and you get very specialized treatment. Be prepared to pay for that kind of service though.

Lantana can be good too. There's Palm Beach Flight Training which is relatively inexpensive but seems a bit unorganized. Instructors/aircraft are hit-or-miss too. The good instructors are very hard to book though.

At PMP, haven't heard good things about FL aviation academy and although I don't have any experience with American Flyers, I've heard they are the same as the other American Flyers franchises.

FXE is a whole 'nother beast and has a bunch of schools. I've heard that some are pretty shady but you could probably find something that fits you. As stated earlier, be prepared to pay a lot for the better schools.

Have you considered looking at the Lantana Airport, just south of WPB. They have a few part 61 schools/rental.

I used to instruct out of the Lantana (KLNA) airport at a school called "Palm Beach Flight Training". Their website is: www.pbflight.com.

Even though I don't really teach there anymore (occasionally I do some very p/t stuff), I can highly recommend them. The owner was fantastic to work for, and she pushes hard for excellent customer service. I think you'll also find that she has (by far) the best prices in town with nice planes and a good maintenance program with the best shop on the field.

I've seen all of the flight schools between FXE and SUA, they are not even remotely close to the quality you'll find at PB Flight Training. Good luck and feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

Latest resources

Back