South American Spraying?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MTpilot

Anyone know the name of the company spraying drug crops down there, minimums, that sort of thing, Thanks in advance, Bill

Um...

Does that stand for something?

nevermind

Eagle Aviation Service and Technology

How hard is it to get a job doing that and what kind of quals.I would imagine getting shot at is pretty common.And is this the company flying ov-10s?

Been trying to get into that place for two years. That was after I had a verbal job offer from one of the higher ups. Tough place to get into.

OV-10 people in the program are trying to get bronco positions back. Little movement, less funding, no hiring.

Do they have a website I couldn't come up with anything.Also what kind of pay and schedules?And wouldn't living in Colombia make them targets?

Last edited:
The website that had hiring information has been removed. The Air Wing has a website but it is passworded. Pay is very high for pilots. Ill leave it to our resident Air Wing poster to give you that info, it's not my place. Yes, you will become a target. One of the guys at GIA is a crew chief for Dyncorp and has lost many friends since 2000. It is an extremely dangerous job. I have done extensive research into the program and I have noticed the changes in tactics they made to lessen the loss of life. So the casualties are fewer. However, the danger is ever present. My kind of work. I have been told it is the best flying you can ever do.

Thrush

There is supposed to be a place that works out of Belize with modified turbine thrushes, is that a different company or the same people?

Latest resources

Back