• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

South Africa jumpseat/Travel??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Try a ZED fair on a Euro carrier. A friend of mine used to go to Capetown on Virgin using a ZED.

I think Gemini may go there to, not sure which city though. Check their website, they have their schedule on there.

I don't believe Gemini will work since CASS is for domestic only. Unless of course there is some ZED fair out there for them that I'm unaware of. You could probably get a ZED on South African Airways out of either JFK or IAD.

I don't believe Gemini will work since CASS is for domestic only. Unless of course there is some ZED fair out there for them that I'm unaware of. You could probably get a ZED on South African Airways out of either JFK or IAD.

It's not a CASS issue.

You can jump seat on Polar, Atlas, and I'm pretty sure GAC worldwide. Never done it myself, but I know guys that use Atlas/Polar to get to the Orient, Europe, and Australia.

FedEdx and UPS won't take you int'l but it has nothing to do with CASS.

This probably isn't much help, but my company had a positive-space deal with South African Airways and I went with them to Jo'berg, Capetown, and Nairobi. They were fantastic. Tix were super-cheap but had to pay what the taxes would have been on the full fare. Each flight was only half-full at most back in Feb.

Try Lufthansa via Frankfurt. They're very accomodating. Usually they'll put you in the crew rest area as a last resort if flight is full rather than leave you behind.

I used to fly to Johannesburg twice a year and always took Virgin through LHR. I beleive with ZED Medium it was around $200 round trip with taxes included. To get to LHR I just flew on one of the US carriers. Awesome company and they treated me well everytime. BTW I think Delta does JNB once a day.

Latest resources

Back