Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

L'il J.Seinfeld

Luckiest man alive
I'm a mil trained guy and have been flying in the airline world for 2 years. I have a question about flight plans and equipment suffixes. In the military I know exactly where in FLIP GP to look up everything regarding flight plans and codes.

A few months ago I was flying on a /L flight plan, but we left without operable GPSs. When ATC cleared us direct to our destination I asked for flight plan route or an assigned heading since we did not have the ability to navigate direct. ATC said it was no problem but wanted to know our new suffix. My capt knew, but could not tell me where the info comes from. I looked all through my JEPPs but could not find it.

Is this something I should know the answer to and if so where is the info located?

The listing of suffixes are usually on the bottom of those sample flight plans they have at FBOs, in Aviation books, etc., and in those little green IFR flight file binders that are exremely handy to have in the cockpit, even when you're operating 135 or 121 because the info printed on them is so usefull.

Latest resources

Back