Sony Headsets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

turning2

Wondering if anyone knows where a Sony Headset can be obtained. Are they discontinued? Searched a bunch online to no avail. Any info/insight would be greatly appreciated. Thankx

Turning2,

I use a Sony DR6020. IMO the best lightweight headset made. Built ANR mic circuit. Quiet. Picks up no ambient noise. Rubber headband. Removable mic, with plug on either side. Great unit, but not cheap.

I got mine thru Marv Golden about 3 years ago.. They were one of only a few dealers, and I waited for 4 months while it was on back order. My understanding is that they are discontinued, but I am not sure how accurate that is is. Let me dig out my box and see if I can get more info for you.

Thankx alot Metro. The unit is for a friend of mine flying a Lear. Unlike me I don't believe cost will be an object for him, bugger.:D

BTW:

I typed that wrong. It is the Sony MDR 7020. I dug out my stuff on it. I just got off the phone with SONY.

Bad news. They are no longer making it. Even worse news for me. They are no longer servicing them, either.

It looks like I was a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** fool for buying the thing. If it breaks, I am SOL.

Great headset, but SONY probably priced themselves out of the market. Too bad.

Now I will have to be extra carefull.

Metro,

If you lose use of the Sony, most of the DCs in the aircraft work just fine, except that they mess up your hair so you look like captain Alfalfa when saying goodbye to the pax. Of course, the Telex, et al, give you that line across the scalp that gives the impression (no pun intended) that you've recently recovered from brain surgery.

Just stock up on antimicrobial wipes. You never know where those DCs have been.

Latest resources

Back