Song divert to PHL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

leftseat10

Anyone have details on the Song 757 divert to PHL last thursday (6 Nov) around 4pm? Saw the lime green 757 with the firetrucks rolling behind.

I have no idea, but I'm going to guess the captain was retiring, and having cheesesteaks for the celebration meal.

Sorry to waste your time.

jergar999 said:
I have no idea, but I'm going to guess the captain was retiring, and having cheesesteaks for the celebration meal.

Sorry to waste your time.

I would think that a retirement flight would terminate at one of their crew bases, wouldn't it? Don;t they usually have a party, wiht the family and co-workers to greet them? I know our guys do.

Last edited:
Ty Webb said:
I would think that a retirement flight would terminate at one of their crew bases, wouldn't it? Don;t they usually have a party, wiht the family and co-workers to greet them? I know our guys do.

You are correct...

However, last month I rode the bus from the parking lot with a reserve pilot who was flying to a tropical destination to pick up a trip. The Captain decided he and his entourage were staying there rather than returning to Atlanta for the festivities.

Go figure!

leftseat10 said:
Anyone have details on the Song 757 divert to PHL last thursday (6 Nov) around 4pm? Saw the lime green 757 with the firetrucks rolling behind.

Must have decided they needed to start service there right away to ace out those pesky SWA dudes. ;)

Latest resources

Back