• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Brother Francis

Quoting Bryan Bedford, President and CEO of Chautauqua Airlines:

"Company Update for December 20, 2002

"...We have reached a tentative agreement with US Airways on the affirmation of our current contract covering 26 regional jets and the possible addition of up to 9 regional jets with Chautauqua. This agreement is contingent on a large number of “conditions precedent”, not the least of which is they [Airways] successfully emerge from bankruptcy. We hope that Airways will present the amendment to the bankruptcy court for approval early next week. We will not know if the agreement will be approved until January 20th at the earliest. Our Holding Company has also reached a tentative agreement with US Airways to operate up to another 23 regional jets; also assuming numerous conditions are met, including approval by the ALPA association at US Airways. Since Chautauqua cannot comply with the Jets for Jobs requirements, additional furloughed pilots from Airways would be covered under the other regional jet service agreement between the Holding Company and US Airways....

"...Well that’s all for this week. Please take great care of our guests and each other.

"God bless you all,

"Bryan"

The CHQ pilots voted down j4j, now management is talking about creating an alter-ego to end-run the pilots. The CHQ pilots are in contract negotiations. Any of this sound vaguely familiar? Republic Airways, Son of Freedom.

I've seen quite a bit of vitriolic prose on these boards about CHQ. Same for Freedom Air.

So, which is the lesser of the two evils?

Last edited:
Brother Francis said:

I've seen quite a bit of vitriolic prose on these boards about CHQ. Same for Freedom Air.

So, which is the lesser of the two evils?

I'm afraid the evil is neither CHQ or Freedom, it is ALPA.

Now that that is out of the way...

I guess what I was trying to say is that CHQ has the same fight on their hands now as Mesa. Realizing as I do that CHQ has a certain "status" among a significant percentage of the general pilot community, will its proponents and detractors work together to nip this insideous management tactic in the bud? Will you heed a call for support?

will its proponents and detractors work together to nip this insideous management tactic in the bud? Will you heed a call for support?

I'll give support! But only in the form of ENDING the CONTRACTING of US Airways Group Flying! What a wonderful X-Mas that would be.

I'm afraid the evil is neither CHQ or Freedom, it is ALPA.

Surplus,

Sounds like you want all us pilots to all stick together. F*&K that!! I want these companies out of my back yard!!! Then we can talk about togetherness. ALPA is not a real union and never will be. Want to see a real union, look at plumbers and such. ALPA is an Association, thats all. They take care of the paperwork and provide good lawyers. They cannot do what most think they should be able to do. Maybe they'll get to that point in the future, who knows, but for now the only pilot groups I'll support are PSA, ALG, PDT and Mainline, (ie: US AIRWAYS GROUP PILOTS). Although the Mainline MEC is really pushing his luck lately.

If ALPA had a clue it would be a much different world. So for now what we need to be concerned with is getting it so there could never be over a 1000 pilots on the street while their flying is being handed over to other companies.

ONE PILOT LIST AND ONE COMPANY - It can be done

Latest resources

Back