something fishy Between STL and Alaska

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fracpt

so why would alaska think they could make money between STL and anchorage. Could this be a marriage between Alaska and Southwest. ?? any ideas out there? Starting in september I see these flights being added and they cost $259.

And we are adding flights to STL. I hear that Alaska is bigger than Texas. I want to go see it for myself after the merger.

The flight is a non-stop between SEA and STL. Nothing fishy at all. American pulls out of the market in August I believe. Their higher cost structure and fact that neither STL or SEA is a hub for them apparently made the route not profitable. Alaska believes they can do it and make money that AA couldn't.

Alaska is not pulling out of DEN. They are only cutting the PDX-DEN non-stops. They will continue to have non-stop SEA-DEN service and seasonal non-stop ANC-DEN service.

The flight is a non-stop between SEA and STL. Nothing fishy at all. American pulls out of the market in August I believe. Their higher cost structure and fact that neither STL or SEA is a hub for them apparently made the route not profitable. Alaska believes they can do it and make money that AA couldn't.

Alaska is not pulling out of DEN. They are only cutting the PDX-DEN non-stops. They will continue to have non-stop SEA-DEN service and seasonal non-stop ANC-DEN service.
That route was an MD80 and a B757. Every flight was full or oversold. How could they lose money on that? Good for Alaska, I hope they make a killin.

That route was an MD80 and a B757. Every flight was full or oversold. How could they lose money on that? Good for Alaska, I hope they make a killin.

Full or oversold means nothing. Alaska was oversold on most Cancun flights, yet once they raise the price to break even, loads drop off. The idea is to keep prices low to stimulate travel, then raise them to profit. After you try this a few times, move on to better routes. LOAD FACTOR means nothing, Ask VA!

Speaking of Alaska...new service to stl. New service to Lih. When will we need more pilots? AS150 0020 departure is delayed until 0500 due to staffing! North of Expected!

SEA-STL is important nonstop due to Boeing and some other companies.

AND, that's why it has always been full/OS WITH HIGH FARE PAX!

AA is retreating from many markets. AUS used to be AA's turf. Now, it's been given over to someone who actually wants to run an airline.

Yay Beancounters!

:rolleyes:
TC

Latest resources

Back