• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Someone doesn't like jumpseating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And nowhere is it pointed out that a jumpseater has to be another pilot, and FAA official, or in some cases ATC. Ever seen a f/a or a 'gait' (sorry couldn't resist) agent ride up front?? Whoever published this website is a complete moron!

*laugh* 'dressed appropriately'?? What about showing your ID and liscence, as well as asking if there's 'space for one'? :rolleyes:

But if we take this thinking a little further then maybe we should ban all pilots from the cockpit......if the jumpseater is dangerous because he's already in the cockpit, behind the locked door, then the crew is also! ;) Oh and don't forget the lethal weapons, such as the flare gun and crash axe that they have at their disposal.

Puh-leeeze! The public is already stupid enough without getting fired up by the likes of this fruitcake!

The person who wrote that web page probably runs for the gas mask whenever he see contrails, I mean, chemtrails in the sky!

This web site appears to be located in Ann Arbor Mi, just outside Detroit, looking at most of the members many have names of Middle eastern origin. I don't know about you but a web site based in the Detroit area (the largest Muslim population in the "free" world and known location of suspected alqaeda members) posting procedures for gaining access to the flightdeck is alarming.

Thats why I forwarded it to the FBI

sounds like you saved the day for the feds, with that information. keep up the good work.

Complete moron is right...

Prior to 9/11/01, this website used to be completely different. He explained how a non-pilot could take advantage of jumpseat priviledges. I remember it very well because I found it interesting that someone would post that information on the internet. I even bookmarked the page. I wish now I had saved it to disk.

Don't just take my word for it, though. There is still some residual evidence of his old page on some out-of-date links pages. Here's a sample:

Anatomy of the Jumpseat - Detailed discussion of practical airline cockpit access procedures on how to fly the airlines for free using the cockpit jumpseat
http://www.cyberspace.org/~jumpseat/

Sometime after 9/11 I re-visited the site and found that he had changed his tune considerably.

Obviously, this guy is not a professional pilot. Now that the airlines have cracked down on jumpseating, he can't steal them anymore. So now, if he can't have them, no one should have them.

[cough] Loser! [cough]

What's interesting to me now is that, although they are diametrically opposed, both stances he took are offensive.

Just off the wall question about jumpseating. It is possible for a Paying Pilot (say some one working on a comm. ticket) to ride in the jumpseat?

Ive heard it use to be up to the captian. But was wondering if it was possible at all.

I bookmarked that page before 9/11 also because I thought it to be interesting how detailed it was. I looked at it a couple of weeks back and noticed it had changed.

Riding in the jumpseat is now restricted to same airline pilots and pilots of codeshare partners when there are no seats in the back.

cessna_driver2 said:
Just off the wall question about jumpseating. It is possible for a Paying Pilot (say some one working on a comm. ticket) to ride in the jumpseat?

Ive heard it use to be up to the captian. But was wondering if it was possible at all.

Not hardly. Especially after Sept 11. I have been an airline pilot since 1990, and have never known of non-airline pilot getting to ride up front. It used to be possible for the Captain to allow pax to enter the cockpit, and some Captains did; but those pax occupied their cabin seat for the majority of the flight.

regards,
enigma

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back