Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Valero

Hey Mate,

Don't get your panties in a bunch. It's very common for classy operators to advertise and interview for months before selecting the "short list" of maybe 3 candidates for final interivews and selection.

Other operators who have a high turnover rate advertise constantly and interview constantly knowing that they will have openings coming up.

Relax ...

TransMach

TransMach said:
Hey Mate,

Don't get your panties in a bunch. It's very common for classy operators to advertise and interview for months before selecting the "short list" of maybe 3 candidates for final interivews and selection.

Other operators who have a high turnover rate advertise constantly and interview constantly knowing that they will have openings coming up.

Relax ...

TransMach
I realize it's hard to get someone's voice inflection from the typing, but I was being sarcastic.

Been there Looks like I'm not going to do that

About 10 days ago I called Valero and talked to the Chief Pilot upon which he asked for my resume, which I sent.

A week later I got a very nice letter signed by him letting me know that I was highly qualified but turned me down for the position.

There were no reason(s) why, which I understand fully.

me too

carjcapt,
I, too, sent in my resume and cover letter to Valero. My response was - impressive resume but we can't offer you employment. I put in for the 4000PIC job on their website and sent in the letter/resume. Wonder if I should respond to their 3000PIC ad?

me too

I, too, got the letter last week from the HR department. However, the hiring committee sent me a letter about two months ago. Sounds like not everybody is talking to one another

Latest resources

Back