Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ivauir

SNIKT!
I had my PC last month and I took some notes that my be of interest to some of you. None of this is new or earth shattering news so if you are looking for the 190 order this isn't it (lowcur ;) ).

First off the place is buzzing with new hires and interviwees (a far cry from last year). The new interview process seems to be going well and the candidates I talked to seemed to think the line oriented part of it was fairly straight forward.

Our fleet is growing by 2008 we'll have 585 airplanes. And we are going to be somewhere around 6200 pilots strong by the end of 2007. 06/07 are our peak retiement years so that means we'll be hiring 1400! They are going to be interviewing 144 candidates a month. The requirements remain 1000 Turbine PIC 2500 Total Time and 200 hours in the last three years.

Best of luck - get to the left seat of a turbine powered airplane and work on being the kind of Captain you'd wish you had.

I just wanted to say thank you for the info. As a Civilian SWA hopeful, I appreciate any positive info from guys that are already working there. Now if you could just get the PD to give me a call for an interview! ;)

Definatly go with the web site information. I was copying from notes I took (on the back of a napkin ... )

I was copying from notes I took (on the back of a napkin ... )

Dude were you studying in the bar again? You gotta stop doing that :cool:

Latest resources

Back