• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some Luv At Swa?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Selling yourself, I found, was the hardest thing to put into words. Hard to explain emotions...ESPECIALLY when you're on the spot. All the "war" stories were fairly easy to explain...

So they did away with that??

Fastone- Here is a quick break down from last 8 months that I am privey too- 2 buds interviewed last fall (non-IP), both military got shot down, my bud who has been a IP at my airline for (hold on... 3 months!) was interviewed in late Jan and got hired last week. Coincidence? SWA seems to like the IP route. I know there are exceptions but with these guys you have to look at the realistic odds.

Lot of bros (and sisters!) with a 737 type on their cert and no job! So plan accordingly!! Cheers-

fastone said:
Guys -

Thanks for the replies. I just got in from another 7.5 hours of PIC jet time - I am worn out, but was glad to see the information posted here. At the rate that i am going, I should be setting at 1500 PIC by the end of April... I have been in contact with PD at SWA for over four years now and they have been following my progress... I am hoping for the best! I just need a shot at it and i think that if given the chance, I can present myself as truly wanting to be a SWA member and why... I know that they are interviewing guys without the types right now and that they have interviewed a lot lately that have been turned down and as a matter of fact, I know some that have been turned down and can't figure out the equation that is used... I know several that have made it in too... I think what it all boils down to us being able to sell yourself as wanting to be a swa family member from the start and being able to prove that you will fit into their equation...

More thoughts?

you sound ready for SW..........7.5 hours in a day? wares me out thinking about it

Yeah they did

Chest Rockwell said:
Never had it.

I have seen the pics in HQ.

To the first post, Just had a friend get hired on last week and he had about 1500 Jet PIC
3500 Total
737 Type
Of course the 4 year degree.

Have another friend up for an interview in March sometime with about the same times but a little more total time.

I have heard that with the type you can get an interview after 1400 PIC turbine. Thats about where both of my friends got it.

Good luck, I hope to get there soon as well-maybe 2 or 3 years.

Oh yeah, don't burn any bridges!http://forums.flightinfo.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Latest resources

Back