Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No off-line jumpseating

Warm and tingly my a$$,

The recent MEC letter said that FedEx is making the requirements more restrictive for the CASS system than what even the TSA is requiring! This company wants to screw with the pilots (and make others pi$$ed at us as well) by not allowing any off-line jumpseating.......Since we're in negotiations, I'm sure the company wants ALPA to give up something just to allow off-line jumpseating............And guys are bending over backwards flying DRAFT/Advanced Vol. to help out the company..........

BTW, I'm "sick" for the rest of the week using up the last of my sickleave.

Last edited:
sandman--
Good for you!!
wish I had more sick leave--for the record i love my job, but,
Is it time to start stirring the pot ? ( as in negotiations), also
anybody have a clue what this meeting with Cheever is all about?--
my new slogan--
"Show me the money!!"
Los1

Goose17 said:
The poem made me feel warm and tingly.
Nothing he says makes me feel warm OR tingly. The last time I saw him was in a mandatory meeting with all MD-11 and A-300 First Officer Flex Instructors so he could tell us just how unhappy he was that First Officers are Flex Instructors. I'd quote him but we're in mixed company.

Absolutely no connection, mind you, but 6 MD-11 First Officer Flex Instructors were just sent back to the line (in preparation for the big bid and increased training flow in January).

I'll never forget him telling one of our Captains who exercised his right to bump a jumpseater that he (SCP) hoped the jumpseater (a scheduler or dispatcher, I don't recall which) would get the opportunity to pay him (the Captain) back.

Warm and tingly?

One More Day Of Retro Pay

sandman2122 said:
Warm and tingly my a$$,

The recent MEC letter said that FedEx is making the requirements more restrictive for the CASS system than what even the TSA is requiring! This company wants to screw with the pilots (and make others pi$$ed at us as well) by not allowing any off-line jumpseating.......Since we're in negotiations, I'm sure the company wants ALPA to give up something just to allow off-line jumpseating............And guys are bending over backwards flying DRAFT/Advanced Vol. to help out the company..........

BTW, I'm "sick" for the rest of the week using up the last of my sickleave.
Not a smart statement on a public forum.

WTF? That management is "toying" with the pilots or that I have a cold?

I'll PM you to let you know when I call in "well".............

Last edited:
I too am sick of the "Thanks for the hard work FCIFs". Let me see somthing that shows you actually think we are a productive part of the company. Start CASS, release at least portions of the Enders report, or close a few sections of the contract.
No draft here either!

This is the word I got in the schoolhouse (recurrent GS) about the Cheever/Lewis meeting:
(1) - It's mandatory, everyone will have to attend eventually in one location or another.
(2) - It's a traveling roadshow, they will go to every domicile and a few of the major sorts (ie., INDY)
(3) - It's an effort to repair the communication breakdown between pilots and mgmt concerning just about everything, but mostly the Enders report, safety stuff, etc.
(4) - I was given the impression that the schoolhouse (Training & Standards) is just as eager (and uninformed) as anyone else to hear what the roadshow will be about, and I was encouraged to ask the hard questions about Enders, the contract, CASS, and anything else that was on the collective mind of the pilot group.

It was conveyed to me that JL himself has not been given full access to the Enders report. I also got the impression that a lot of folks are really concerned about the fatigue factor in all our accidents/incidents and why this has not been addressed more officially. I hope this required briefing will answer some of those questions.

"I was encouraged to ask the hard questions about Enders, the contract, CASS, and anything else that was on the collective mind of the pilot group."

I will ask pertinent safety questions and give my input - I consider it part of my job.

But as for the contract and "anything else," my union speaks for me.

They tried this end run around negotiations at ASA. Our response - we got stickers that said, "My union speaks for me - and I tell them what to say."

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back