• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some AirTran workers bail ahead of buyout

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They become Guadaloupe pilots and will either get stapled, preferential interviews or run as a separate airline from what's been leaked to me by some higher ups.

SWAPA does that, and it will be the biggest scope give away Part 121 flying has seen.

Heh-heh... I'm just glad the -200's are gone. I remember when that Aloha flight became a convertible at FL240 and lost a F/A through the opening.

They were nice VFR airplanes. Very natural feel. The B-17 era autopilot/FD system was a lot of work to use though!

I always called them the "approximate" jet, because you were always at an approximate altitude, airspeed, power setting, point over the ground, heading etc.

They were nice VFR airplanes. Very natural feel. The B-17 era autopilot/FD system was a lot of work to use though!

I always called them the "approximate" jet, because you were always at an approximate altitude, airspeed, power setting, point over the ground, heading etc.

Sounds like the DC9s we used to operate. Flying around with the PDI centered and ATC would say that you were 5 miles off the airway!

Sounds like the DC9s we used to operate. Flying around with the PDI centered and ATC would say that you were 5 miles off the airway!

ATC: "where ya goin', Citrus?"

Citrus: "Atlanta".

ATC "You must be a DC9 type today, 'cause you're about five miles off course. Pick up about a 225 heading to rejoin the airway". :laugh:

We used to split the difference between the PDI and RMI just to get close.

Oh the precision of it! ;-)

They become Guadaloupe pilots and will either get stapled, preferential interviews or run as a separate airline from what's been leaked to me by some higher ups.

I think he's either Tanker Clown or Instructor Dude...maybe both.

Latest resources

Back