Solar Impulse Aircraft in JFK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Limeyflyer

http://t.nbcnews.com/technology/sol...its-snag-last-leg-american-odyssey-6C10551691

Was anyone else in JFK last night when this ridiculous aircraft came in and screwed up the entire airport at JFK, worse than it usually is? It came in and landed on 22L and then stayed there for the pilots to do a press conference., thus closing the landing runway even longer. This "Green" aircraft cost the airlines God knows how much money last night in fuel costs. Multiple gate returns and go arounds caused by the reduction to the one runway. They think this plane will be the future, god I hope not. As wide as a 747 wingspan, 30,000solar cells, and it can only do 45mph. What a waste of money and people's time. Rant over

"They think this plane will be the future, god I hope not.....What a waste of money and people's time."

Another brilliant quote by whine. Here's one from someone a little smarter and a tad more successful in life:

The worst sort of business is one that grows rapidly, requires significant capital to engender the growth, and then earns little or no money. Think airlines. Here a durable competitive advantage has proven elusive ever since the days of the Wright Brothers. Indeed, if a farsighted capitalist had been present at Kitty Hawk, he would have done his successors a huge favor by shooting Orville down.
Warren Buffett, annual letter to Berkshire Hathaway shareholders, February 2008.

It had no business landing in JFK, they obviously were well connected politically. I had to hold and after we landed I saw no less than 20 wide bodies in line waiting to take off. Shutting down 22L for a photo op was dumb to say the least.

Senor Juan,

Since it is a widely known fact that the average Pilot suffers from a lack of reading and/or comprehension skills ( as well as basic literacy) and, due to the fact that your name indicates that English may be a second language for you... I will defer to your above statements and we will just agree that:

" Airplanes are dumb and Warren Buffett said so! "

To try and continue a well reasoned discussion on the subject with you would be like taking candy from a baby and then punching him in the head. Repeatedly.

And, that's not nice...Now is it?

Love,

Whine

Warren Buffet was dumb enough to invest in airlines as a non-"corporate raider"

Boo hoo

Latest resources

Back