• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Solairus aka Sunset Aviation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They don't even have full time pilots anymore. They are all contract pilots and last I heard a hawker contract pilot was making 300 a day. Starting pay for them (when they had pilot employees) was 40,000/year. This was a captain position.

You have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about. Solairus employs over 100 full time pilots and they are some of the highest paid (and most content) in the industry.

RedBehren,

Let me guess, you are one of these at Solairus from the way you reply:

CEO
Chairman
Vice Chairman
COO
CFO
Senior Vice President Aircraft Management
and two other Senior Vice Presidents? What do they do?

Vice President of Client Flight Services
VP Business Development
VP Flight Operations
VP Maintenance

100 "full time" pilots /12 senior level management types making over $100K/year equals 8.5 indians per chief. Wow.

CC

RedBehren,

Let me guess, you are one of these at Solairus from the way you reply:

CEO
Chairman
Vice Chairman
COO
CFO
Senior Vice President Aircraft Management
and two other Senior Vice Presidents? What do they do?

Vice President of Client Flight Services
VP Business Development
VP Flight Operations
VP Maintenance

100 "full time" pilots /12 senior level management types making over $100K/year equals 8.5 indians per chief. Wow.

CC

Actually no, I am not. You are forgetting the other 80 full time admin, client services, dispatch and maintenance employees in your calculation, which makes it more like 12-15 indians per chief. Not to mention that your count on the chiefs is inaccurate to begin with. Three of them don't work there any more, which even further throws the math off.

Not sure how a company manages 50 airplanes and 200 employees with less than what Solairus has, and certainly other companies have done so with FAR more senior leadership headcount.

Are you a frustarted shareholder or something? What would you suggest be done differently?

Hmm are they hiring? right now without a job and unemployment vaporizes in only 7 months I'll take a job flying over mowing lawns..

NO idea what I am talking about? So how much do you pay a hawker driver a day. Last pilot I talked to said 300 a day....so is this true or is this pilot lying???

At Netjets a Hawker captain will make close to 600 a day.

Latest resources

Back