Sokol Resigns

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From one of the links::

David Sokol, long considered by outsiders to be the most likely candidate to succeed Warren Buffett, resigned from Berkshire Hathaway Inc. after purchasing shares of a company he suggested Mr. Buffett buy.

No chance of taking over any reins!!

EDIT - Doesn't look healthy - & BH "B" shares took a slight drop:

Possible Buffett successor quits under cloud

Last edited:
What strikes me most about that article?

Buffett is 80 years old. No one lives forever and I suspect that BH will not be the same after his departure. Either from the office or this world.

Either way, this doesn't bode well for NJ. Hansel is an attorney, and we all know what that means.

my .02

The guy was DIRTY. He bought 100,000 shares of Lubrizol right before BH scooped it up. You think Uncle Warren condones those kinds of shenanigans?

My sense is that the guy knew he was never going to get the top spot at BH and this was his way of grabbing two beers and pulling the emergency escape slide on his way out.

The guy was DIRTY. He bought 100,000 shares of Lubrizol right before BH scooped it up. You think Uncle Warren condones those kinds of shenanigans?

My sense is that the guy knew he was never going to get the top spot at BH and this was his way of grabbing two beers and pulling the emergency escape slide on his way out.
I bet Warren doesn't give 1/3 of a dump. I'd love the SEC to crawl up his craw too.

Buffett is 80 years old. No one lives forever and I suspect that BH will not be the same after his departure. Either from the office or this world.

Without G-d, everything is permissible. Jean-Paul Sartre

Either way, this doesn't bode well for NJ. Hansel is an attorney, and we all know what that means.

my .02[/QUOTE]

So true. 99% of attorneys give the rest a bad name

[/QUOTE]

So true. 99% of attorneys give the rest a bad name[/QUOTE]

That got a laugh. 'Lawyers and bankers and insurance companies, Oh My!'

Saw Sokol on CNBC this morning - he looked like he was sweating during the entire interview. Sounds just plain stupid in my opinion - a big conflict of interest. He spent a lot of time pumping-up the current Netjets mgmt team. Still, the tone/vibe of the interview was not that positive. He seemed very defensive.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Latest resources

Back