Sokol Resigns

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Uh oh...

I, as well as many others, are fearful that Sokol is leaving just ahead of a major storm on the NJ horizon. Had he stayed, there would have been too much blood on his hands (proverbial of course) to come out of this unscathed and still in prime shape to take the BH reigns (or at least still be in contention). I fear he is well aware of what is about to happen here and is getting out now so it doesn't look like his fault.

I, as well as many others, are fearful that Sokol is leaving just ahead of a major storm on the NJ horizon...

I'd follow you if he just left Netjets, but he didn't -- he resigned from Berkshire Hathaway entirely. This is a whole different ball of wax entirely.

It's possible that the resignation was due to an issue that has yet to surface at NetJets, but I would bet on something else. The extent to which the press release dwelled on the Lubrizol trades implies that the issue may be related to impropriety there or a potential insider trading issue -- though it certainly didn't outline anything that was prima facie evidence of that. Also, since he's been at MidAmerican for so much longer, the odds of him having a skeleton in some closet over there seems a lot higher than w/ NetJets.

In reading the press release, it looks like an SEC bomb is about to go off at BH due to their buyout of Lubrizol. I am no business genius by any stretch, just my opinion. If that is the case, the further he is from BH, the better BH will come out smelling like a rose.

I don't blame him. He works 7 days a week (each week, not every other). It's time to quit working and relax.

He made it clear the company is still overstaffed. I personally don't think this is a good sign for anyone.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back