Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So why doesn't ALPA do what the controllers do?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OCP

Has anyone seen the adds where the contoller's union basicly "educates" the public on why they need highly paid, highly trained controllers. And just recently adds about the staffing shortage?
People get scared about, "what if the controller isn't properly trained? What if there aren't enough to keep the airplanes from hitting eachother?"
Then the people really start to support the contollers. Why doen't ALPA run adds to this effect for the pilots? Its not like were aren't up there too trying to make each flight safe!?
ALPA and EVERY other union out there needs to educate the public about what we do, how we get paid, how much we REALLY get paid, and then brake it down on a per hour away from home!

Come one union guys. I know you are on this board. How about suggesting something like that?

OCP said:
Has anyone seen the adds where the contoller's union basicly "educates" the public on why they need highly paid, highly trained controllers. And just recently adds about the staffing shortage?
People get scared about, "what if the controller isn't properly trained? What if there aren't enough to keep the airplanes from hitting eachother?"
Then the people really start to support the contollers. Why doen't ALPA run adds to this effect for the pilots? Its not like were aren't up there too trying to make each flight safe!?
ALPA and EVERY other union out there needs to educate the public about what we do, how we get paid, how much we REALLY get paid, and then brake it down on a per hour away from home!

Come one union guys. I know you are on this board. How about suggesting something like that?

Because ALPA isn't a union, its an association. My cousin is a construction worker. His dues he pays contribute to his pension & his medical/health. In the real world, unions are there for just that, protect the employee. I pay 1.95% of my salary to union dues, and I'm still trying to figure out why!?

OCP said:

Ah hahahahahahahahaha! Hahahaha ... heh.

PATCO did this, too --

It. Doesn't. Work.

Just sayin'.

OCP said:

Are you high? The public doesn't care about you. They think you're overpaid and underworked. It's not because they aren't "educated," it's because they really don't care about you as long as the get their $29 fare to Florida. Educating the public is a useless endeavor.

Useless, what are they going to do, pay more for a ticket because they think we deserve it? The only reason alpa takes ads out in papers or buys billboards is to promote unity during a time that unity is desired. Oh well. I always wondered why my teamster friends not only got a pension from their dues (2%), but medical insurance for the entire family is also included! Somewhat of an unfair comparison due to the size of each group, but interesting none the less.

Latest resources

Back