So what's next at ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ASADriver said:
Is what we are asking for reasonable considering what other regional pilot groups get?
I don't care! We are the first in a long line of negotiations taking or about to take place. I don't want to impair the companys ability to make money, and I don't believe what we are asking for is going to do that. I want what is fair for you and I, and this is. Will you be happy if we settle for less and after all is said and done some dumbazz like Liarbreque walks away with a bonous for bringing the pilots in so low? Not me! So, stay with the majority and quit acting like you don't like money.

sweptback said:
So if the company really wanted to get this done, why have they not offered us a reasonable raise on the 50 seat rates? 1.6% and their later 0.25% bump is not what I would call reasonable.

Maybe just maybe, the company is being low on the 50 captain rates because the union is being so high on the 70 captain rates and retirement plan. There is probably a deal to be had with higher 50 capt. rates, lower 70 rates, slightly better rigs, some job protection, and PBS. Is everything everyone wants? NO. But is what is probably needed to bring this to an end.

outtahere said:
I don't care! We are the first in a long line of negotiations taking or about to take place. I don't want to impair the companys ability to make money, and I don't believe what we are asking for is going to do that. I want what is fair for you and I, and this is. Will you be happy if we settle for less and after all is said and done some dumbazz like Liarbreque walks away with a bonous for bringing the pilots in so low? Not me! So, stay with the majority and quit acting like you don't like money.

I like money - and losing our 70 seaters to Skywest and shrinking while we continue to work under our current agreement means I make less money than agreeing to more modest improvements and keeping the 70s along with hopefully getting more growth - does that make sense? I don't think more money is really working out well for CMR. The rules have changed - time to get with the new program.

ASADriver said:
I like money - and losing our 70 seaters to Skywest and shrinking while we continue to work under our current agreement means I make less money than agreeing to more modest improvements and keeping the 70s along with hopefully getting more growth - does that make sense? I don't think more money is really working out well for CMR. The rules have changed - time to get with the new program.

You say you like money, yet you say that more money didn't work out for anyone and the rules have changed. So you are willing to accept less just to get a contract. Well, concessions for growth didn't work out all that well for CMR either, did they?

Sorry, we carry too much responsibility to have to have 2 jobs just to make ends meet. There is a point that this job just isn't worth it anymore, and ASA is rapidle approaching that point. The last thing in the world that I want to do is strike, as I have been in that situation from both management and labors position. But I am NOT willing to take a paycut just so management can put MY money into their pockets. Maybe you are, but you are thankfully in the minority.

atrdriver said:
You say you like money, yet you say that more money didn't work out for anyone and the rules have changed. So you are willing to accept less just to get a contract. Well, concessions for growth didn't work out all that well for CMR either, did they?

Sorry, we carry too much responsibility to have to have 2 jobs just to make ends meet. There is a point that this job just isn't worth it anymore, and ASA is rapidle approaching that point. The last thing in the world that I want to do is strike, as I have been in that situation from both management and labors position. But I am NOT willing to take a paycut just so management can put MY money into their pockets. Maybe you are, but you are thankfully in the minority.

The last offer ISNT CONCESSIONARY. It is better than we have now - not by much, but it is better. And it is better than most other regionals have. I would rather have the last company offer than the current Skywest agreement.

ASADriver said:
The last offer ISNT CONCESSIONARY. It is better than we have now - not by much, but it is better. And it is better than most other regionals have. I would rather have the last company offer than the current Skywest agreement.
Please go fail your medical..... badly.... and then lose your typing hand in a car wreck on the way home. I'm just tired of listening to you.

Last edited:
outtahere said:
I don't care! We are the first in a long line of negotiations taking or about to take place. I don't want to impair the companys ability to make money, and I don't believe what we are asking for is going to do that.

They could pay us what we want and still make profit. They are just being greedy. The roadshow must have gotten to you.

Speedtape said:
79%N1,

You called B.S. on my 70 seat statement. You stated that Horizon and Comair are higher, significantly I might add. Chatagua, a DCI carrier, has contractual rates that soon will be at $108 + change. ASA rates fall well below those above.

Now, will you state the rates of the other 70 seat DCI carriers? Will you also state the rates of any other non-DCI 70 seat carriers?

Thanks and looking forward to your post!

Take a look at Eagle, PSA, Skywest, and Mesa. Those are the other 700 operators, and like I said, other than Horizon and Comair (whom has lower concessionary rates) ASA is significantly higher than all of those --- hence management holding firm to at least now freezing those costs, or the ones we have and any future will go elsewhere. Now, most of the folks I come across at work are fine with this. They will adamantly denounce a pay freeze on the 700, and welcome the removal of the aircraft from ASA. Which, logically leads to a downgrade to the 50, hence......wait for it......A PAYCUT!!!!!! Not saying what I think, just an insight to the thought process of some others. OK, I will tell you what I think. Freeze the 700 pay, get strong scope(#1 priority) get the 50/ATR pay inline with the industry, give us the QOL sections, a signing bonus and pay us back with PROFIT SHARING ONLY! No performance bonuses. With the scope (read:job protection)scheduling/reserve, a signing bonus, profit sharing, and good rigs the contract is worth it to me. A good 700 rate is worthless if we don't have any more!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you all think they are bluffing, be my guest. However, we have to sacrifice something to buy things we want most in this contract! Throw them a 700 freeze and pref bidding, and get this d@mn thing done already!!

Crash Pad said:
ASA has not hired one pilot in months. We don't have attrition? ASA deep sixed the training department. The reason we aren't replacing for attrition is because SKYW is replacing us. They are hiring for our attrition.

What would it take for this pilot group to understand that Union busting is something management loves to do? We have two unions SKYW would love to get rid of.. Us and the FA's. Would SKYW have to walk over one day with 1800 pilots and take all the aircraft at once? All the signs point to a dismantling.

SKYW pilots make more than us. So there is nothing we can do. Jerry has come to break the Union and that is what he is going to do.

Good point here. The number I hear all the time is we lose 15-20 pilots/month. Over a small 6 month frame, thats 90-120. However, we havent had one upgrade or new hire in many moons! Things that make you go hmmmm.......

Latest resources

Back