So what's next at ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RJSkipper,

Tell me something. What have you (S Hall), BL, and CT accomplished since you have been here?

The airline is failing due your poor management. The airline ranks last in many DOT categories. The morale in all departments is the worst that it ever has been. The airline is not meeting any of the goals, according to YourASA, in regard to completion, on-time, and arrival time. What are you MGMT goats doing over there in your aluminum palace? I would submit that the airline could run better without the three of you!

All three of you need to resign and go run a lemonade stand, but that would probably fail also!

See you in the crew lounge, LOSERS!

RJSkipper (SH),

Our 50 seat pilots are lowest paid in the industry. Our 70 seat pilots are paid near the low middle of the industry. The 50 seat pilots have not had a raise in 4 years and the 70 seat pilots have not had a raise in 3 years. The cost of living has been close to 3% a year for the last 3 or 4 years. ASA made record profits with a 13% return. The UNION (the ASA pilots in whole) are not being unrealistic.

See you in the crew lounge, LOSER!

I'll call B.S on that one point. Our 70 seat rates are the second highest in the industry, next to Horizon, or third if you count Comairs rate since their concessionary rate has not taken effenct - yet. I think this will be a hugh problem in getting this contract finally done. Neither side wants, or can, give any there. The CNC is obligated to get raises for the membership, because that is what we tell them we want, and the company feels they will not go any higher due to the rates our competitors and other regionals make on the same equipment. Since the 70+ market is where all the regional growth will be, that poses a problem for them, and they don't seem willing to budge. It will be really hard to up those rates, get good scope/fragmentation, and keep away PBS/dual qual. It really seems most of the contract is done aside from these points.

crjskipper is not Scott Hall. I can testify to this.

79%N1 said:
I'll call B.S on that one point. Our 70 seat rates are the second highest in the industry, next to Horizon, or third if you count Comairs rate since their concessionary rate has not taken effenct - yet. I think this will be a hugh problem in getting this contract finally done. Neither side wants, or can, give any there. The CNC is obligated to get raises for the membership, because that is what we tell them we want, and the company feels they will not go any higher due to the rates our competitors and other regionals make on the same equipment. Since the 70+ market is where all the regional growth will be, that poses a problem for them, and they don't seem willing to budge. It will be really hard to up those rates, get good scope/fragmentation, and keep away PBS/dual qual. It really seems most of the contract is done aside from these points.

79%N1,

You called B.S. on my 70 seat statement. You stated that Horizon and Comair are higher, significantly I might add. Chatagua, a DCI carrier, has contractual rates that soon will be at $108 + change. ASA rates fall well below those above.

Now, will you state the rates of the other 70 seat DCI carriers? Will you also state the rates of any other non-DCI 70 seat carriers?

Thanks and looking forward to your post!

Speedtape said:
79%N1,

You called B.S. on my 70 seat statement. You stated that Horizon and Comair are higher, significantly I might add. Chatagua, a DCI carrier, has contractual rates that soon will be at $108 + change. ASA rates fall well below those above.

Now, will you state the rates of the other 70 seat DCI carriers? Will you also state the rates of any other non-DCI 70 seat carriers?

Thanks and looking forward to your post!

I found all rates to be somewhat accurate at airlinepilotcentral.com...

Trojan

"Our 50 seat pilots are lowest paid in the industry."

Speedtape you might want to check your numbers. We are far from the bottom for 50 seat pay for captains and have one of the best rates in the industry for first officers.

:angryfireI could care less! Burn This Motha DOWN!!! Do the world a favor....I have the lighter fluid, anyone go a lite?;)

The mediator will park us long enough for SKYW to replace us. Look around people. SKYW is hiring 70 a month for aircraft they don't have. The aircraft are going to come from ASA.

SKYW pilots make far more than ASA pilots. Knowing that you can now understand the end game. SKYW is breaking the Unions... don't forget if management settled with us the FA's are right behind us for a new contract.

So you can run around screaming about burning it down. You can take a paycut (and make even less than SKYW). You can do nothing. The result is the same. You will be furloughed or working at an airline with 100 50 seat aircraft. No upgrade, Pay cut for the senior guys, and no movement.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back