• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

so what did you make this year?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
More than I ever have. It only took 17 yrs of commercial aviation to break 6 figures. Where's Yip to tell us how lucky we all are?

I made $5000 less than last year....from the airline.

Lots of factors...schedule cutbacks and took over a business that eats up a lot of my time.

Position: LOA
Equipment: Desk
Years with company: 17
Gross (w/per diem): $110K
Hours flown: zippo

Not thumping my chest, just honest curiosity...

How many hours do you put in a week at the office and at home on the phone?

I don't know of many jobs that pay well and you can leave your work at work, and only put in 40 hours a week.

Per diem should never be included in your compensation totals. do you stick a sock in your shorts to impress also?:rolleyes:

X

BTW My compensation is none of your business.

Why not? No matter where you work you have to eat. I spend less on food at work than my friends who have 9-5 jobs. Breakfast is always free and lunch is usually cheap or leftovers from breakfast or leftover 1st class meals / snack basket. Dinner isn't a bank breaker. I come out way ahead on per diem and rarely pack much for food. Any incoming $$$ is income.

More than I ever have. It only took 17 yrs of commercial aviation to break 6 figures. Where's Yip to tell us how lucky we all are?

Yip couldn't be here but he left a message: "Fly because you like to, not because you don't want to be completely broke. Maybe just a little broke."

An "old hat" (if he ever wore one) recently sent me this..

From Kiplinger's Financials:

"The data shows that an income of $32,879 or more puts you in the top half of taxpayers. Earning a bit more than twice that much -- $66,532 -- earns you a spot among the top 25 percent of all earners. You crack the elite top 10 percent if you earn more than $113,018."

$32,000 is a lot of money, especially when you remember that these are U.S. Statistics...The rest of the World would drool over an income like this.

Circa, 7/08

Oh.here ya go..http://www.kiplinger.com/features/archives/2007/11/taxrank.html

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back