Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So what are United's new proposed rates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta, by contrast to what is being offered to us, received guaranteed scope protections PLUS a gain of 88 B717s. DAL vs UAL is an apples to oranges comparison. Be leery of anyone, union or management, who make that "well, that's what DAL has" argument..

How can you make a comparison between DAL scope and the UAL aip scope when you don't even know what has been agreed too?

Don't need to look at it. It won't be industry leading in every aspect. Pay rates, work rules, retirement. It won't tighten scope. It won't contain 100% retro. I want every single penny those MF's have stolen from me over the past years.

"NO" vote.
FUPM strong as ever here!

when you hate your enemy it clouds your judgement

In other words f**k the junior pilots and give me my money. Classy.

I am a junior pilot but I also see the realities. Now had Continental been able to stay a seperate company then yes we could have easily kept our 50 seat scope. In case you haven't noticed there are already 70 seaters carrying passengers in UAL AND CAL hubs. Never forget the cardinal rule in this business, always leave yourself with outs. I was furloughed for a while and I learned this the hard way. You always need outs because you never know when you will get furloughed or lose your medical. We might as well get the money because sitting here thumping our chests about 50 seat only scope is getting us NOWHERE and is nothing more than a pipe dream. Always have a plan b, I know I do.

Tell that to the 1,437 UAL pilots who were furloughed simply because their union felt 70-seaters would not harm them. They, and every pilot who got pushed down in seniority, were hosed because their union negotiators are so incompetent. 70-seaters replaced 737-500 flying. The A318, 319, and 737-700 will be the next to go if this scope is accepted.

The 70 seater has been around since 2003. 1437 were furloughed when the company parked the 737 fleet to make the merger work with CAL and get by the DOJ. I agree scope should not be relaxed but that is not what put us on the street.

1437 were furloughed when the company parked the 737 fleet to make the merger work with CAL and get by the DOJ.

Uh, not quite. There was almost no overlap between these companies even with your 737s. I realize you want to lash out at somebody, but CAL didn't do this to you. Your opportunity to get pissed was when your MC unilaterally signed off on a 70 seat airplane side letter. But hey, at least he saved his A fund... Oh wait, he lost that too.

Uh, not quite. There was almost no overlap between these companies even with your 737s. I realize you want to lash out at somebody, but CAL didn't do this to you. Your opportunity to get pissed was when your MC unilaterally signed off on a 70 seat airplane side letter. But hey, at least he saved his A fund... Oh wait, he lost that too.

Not mad at CAL at all, I have lots of friends over there. Lets talk facts.

Spring 2008 UAL,CAL announce Merger talks.

Summer 2008 Merger called off CAL to come into Star Alliance.

Fall 2008 UAL begins to furlough and furloughs 10 times that of any other carrier. Delta which has more and larger RJs furloughs none.

May 2010 Merger announced.

Although there might not have been much merger over lap UAL/CAL did have to divest slots in some markets again to get around DOJ approval.

Glen Tilton wanted nothing more than to merge the Airline and he did what ever it took to do it. Not sure how UAL could not make money on paid for 737's when no other airline was parking that number of aircraft.

Although there might not have been much merger over lap UAL/CAL did have to divest slots in some markets again to get around DOJ approval.

Glen Tilton wanted nothing more than to merge the Airline and he did what ever it took to do it. Not sure how UAL could not make money on paid for 737's when no other airline was parking that number of aircraft.

The combined airline had to give Southwest 6 slots at Newark. That's it.

When you have to mortgage spare parts inventory at 17% just to have the money to operate for a few months, there is nothing to do but shrink...

I'm really not interested in a CAL vs UAL discussion (I do want the facts out there), but what I don't understand is why the senior UAL pilots have been given a free pass by the junior UAL pilots? They threw you under the bus. Now they tell you to blame the merger, instead of them, and you're just too happy to do it...

The combined airline had to give Southwest 6 slots at Newark. That's it.

When you have to mortgage spare parts inventory at 17% just to have the money to operate for a few months, there is nothing to do but shrink...

I'm really not interested in a CAL vs UAL discussion (I do want the facts out there), but what I don't understand is why the senior UAL pilots have been given a free pass by the junior UAL pilots? They threw you under the bus. Now they tell you to blame the merger, instead of them, and you're just too happy to do it...

This is going to be a fun SLI negotiation. CAL side..."we saved them they were going down....UAL side.....you don't bring anything but narrowboidies to the table.......CAL side we were growing and had 787's coming.....UAL side ,,,,we were screwed to make this whole rediculous merger happen.......BOTH sides...I wish it would have never happened. Can't wait whew life is good. But at least I will be getting a shiney new CO uniform. Whole thing sucks

Latest resources

Back