Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So what are United's new proposed rates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BTW, I brought up having an annual raise after the contract expires due to COL in the next contract to a union rep and they said RLA wont allow it. Any truth to that?

BTW, I brought up having an annual raise after the contract expires due to COL in the next contract to a union rep and they said RLA wont allow it. Any truth to that?

No, no truth to it. Mesaba had it in their last agreement, as did Netjets. It's incredibly difficult to achieve, though. The NMB isn't very sympathetic to it, because they view it as a disincentive for the union to bargain in good faith at the end of the agreement.

whereas management always bargains in good faith at the expiration of a contract..lol Just another example of how the deck is always stacked against labor.

The NMB doesn't determine the content of a contract except in an arbitration scenario.

The NMB doesn't determine the content of a contract except in an arbitration scenario.

Technically speaking, that's true. But from a practical standpoint, not really. The NMB has their own ideas of what is "reasonable," which they largely base on current industry trends. If a similar carrier just got $200/hr for an aircraft type, and you go into negotiations demanding $300/hr, then they aren't going to view you as reasonable. And since they control the meeting schedule, self-help, and parking, their opinions of what is reasonable are important. Being unreasonable will lead you to getting parked, or just spending an eternity in negotiations not getting anywhere. Conversely, management being unreasonable will first result in an impossible meeting schedule that places a strain on management being able to run the company while also participating in negotiations, and eventually leads to self-help (when it's not an election season, of course). So in a round-about way, the NMB does have some influence on what ends up in a contract.

I like how you are all talking about back pay being so important. I am at a regional and during that time I was here for negotiations for a contract(MEC and ALPA said full back pay was impossible to get-accept a signing bonus and call it even), a sham bankruptcy orchistrated by NWA, a merger negotiations where my seniority at my company got us a whopping 1/2 our seniority and no gains in pay or work rules (and worse reserve rules). Seeing Delta's contract, I hope you guys get that plus more, plus your back pay. Here is another point-dont get such a great deal where it will just allow the company into bankruptcy and take away your gains. I also hate to semi quote the General LEe-but keeping the company profitable is best for all involved.

*hopes you get the best deal because me and a lot of others like me want to join you there.

Here is another point-dont get such a great deal where it will just allow the company into bankruptcy and take away your gains. I also hate to semi quote the General LEe-but keeping the company profitable is best for all involved.

*hopes you get the best deal because me and a lot of others like me want to join you there.

Don't worry ALPA is there to help! Unzipping the scope fly as preferred by Grand Admiral Moak will surely keep the company far from BK. Somebody has gotta help management get rid of all those pesky tiny jets that they loaded up on with no care for the future.

Don't worry ALPA is there to help! Unzipping the scope fly as preferred by Grand Admiral Moak will surely keep the company far from BK. Somebody has gotta help management get rid of all those pesky tiny jets that they loaded up on with no care for the future.

So just wondering do you really expect to keep our scope without any concessions? I have no idea what is in the AIP(no one does), I can almost guarantee that we will not keep our scope. We need to stop being idealistic and be more realistic

Latest resources

Back