• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So sorry UAE Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The problem is the UAE wants to pay for it, so US Taxpayer money doesn't matter. It would be located in Abu Dhabi, and ZERO US carriers fly there. DL flies to Dubai, and UAL flies to Dubai, Doha, Bahrain, and Kuwait, but only Etihad flies to the US from Abu Dhabi. It only helps them, and Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE, obviously isn't a popular tourist center like Dubai, or at least UAL would have gone there, they hit 4 other close by cities. But they didn't seem to want to go there either.

Bye Bye---General Lee

If they want it they should pay for it. The passengers coming into the US from these parts will line up for as long as it takes if they're after doing business in the US - it's still the largest economy in the world.

If they want it they should pay for it. The passengers coming into the US from these parts will line up for as long as it takes if they're after doing business in the US - it's still the largest economy in the world.

I don't think you understand, with this facility Etihad will be able to funnel passengers from everywhere on the eastern side of the planet through Abu Dhabi to any city in the US. No customs required. These are passengers that would otherwise have flown on US carriers or their codeshares. This will cost US pilot jobs over time.

:)
ALPA worked hard on this and I'm thankful! This was potentially very bad for US airlines.
We will continue to fight hard to keep the Middle East behemoths from their plans to infiltrate US market.

:)
ALPA worked hard on this and I'm thankful! This was potentially very bad for US airlines.
We will continue to fight hard to keep the Middle East behemoths from their plans to infiltrate US market.

Not directed at you aviatrix:

ALPA ***IS STILL*** working hard on this. So is the ALPA-PAC. There's no other organization that I'm aware of that is representing AIRLINE PILOT interests on this issue that is effective as ALPA and the ALPA-PAC. We might not win ultimately, but at the very least we can fight it.

Of course, most guys on this forum knows that ALPA sucks and does NOTHING for airline pilots. The apathy will continue, and the ME airlines will continue their relentless push towards cabotage, foreign ownership, and the eventual replacement of OUR widebody flying with THEIRS. Off the top of my head, I think Emirates has a couple hundred widebodies on order......where do you think they want to fly them from? Hint: It ain't out of Dubai International. Another hint: What's happening to Qantas right now? And it's not the removal of pork from their inflight meals that should concern you.......

I just saw at a recent presentation how Emirates/ME is "greasing the skids" towards the issues mentioned above. Unfortunately the exact details escape me as it was a lengthy presentation, but Emirates (or similar) just opened a nice office in downtown Washington where their lobbying efforts are based. The monarchy of one country just opened a wing at a Washington DC hospital and named it after himself. They also are currently building a soccer stadium in DC somewhere- a really nice one for kids. I forgot what the name was, but it was named so that EVERYONE knows who built it.....and it wasn't Delta or United Airlines.

Reasons why the future of this industry aren't particularly bright......It's going to suck if you have aspirations beyond being a US regional airline pilot if we sit on on our collective apathetic butts and do nothing.

If Emirates opened up US bases, hired US pilots, and offered good pay and benefits, would that change things? It's something worth considering...

If Emirates opened up US bases, hired US pilots, and offered good pay and benefits, would that change things? It's something worth considering...

Could you kiss a co-worker here? At Qatari the CEO has to approve a marriage between 2 employees according to guys on PPRUNE. It would be interesting to try to transplant their value system over here. Gloria Allred would get involved for sure, and the US base would be toast.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back