• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So much for those Spirit layoffs...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are two things going on here unfortunately.

The wording in the letter no layoffs letter is actually kinda narrow, and I suspect the translation into plain english is that there will be no layoffs for staff in Ft Lauderdale. Every other base will experience a blood bath.

The other thing is historic for airlines in general, and I have noticed it in every place I have ever worked. You never get a letter saying, "Get your resume's in order the ******************** is about to hit the fan!" (unless the government REQUIRES it which is what the warn letters are about)

I don't even think its about keeping customers any more. I just think when management knows the ship is sinking, the one final game they enjoy in the board room is the "See how many rats (pilots) we can get to go down with the ship" game. Now part of it is that they don't want to have hire and train the guy who flys the last revenue flight on the last day, but most I think is just spite and greed these days.

Generally the more assurances I get how rosey things are (when many other airlines are struggling) the worse things REALLY are.

Good luck gentleman

Cheers
Wino

Ben Baldanza used to work for David Siegel at USAirways before that carrier almost went liquid (saved by AWA - although the Easties will deny that). Ben has learned from some of the best out there... Yeah, watch out and start working on your Plan B.

Common legal strategy. Send the official notification, then verbally retract it.

Meet the legal standard, while trying to maintain employee expectations. That way everybody doesn't quit on the same day.

United did this repeatedly during its bankruptcy and admitted to having used the tactic to manage expectations.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/retirement/view/

Last edited:
Either management is b.s.ing in contract talks or they are pushing off the impending implosion to collect their golden parachute. In any case, Jack D's and popcorn is in order....anybody want to join? JP? JS?
throw in sum Gin an Juice wif sum pork skins...... an I bez dere.....
bouyyyyyyyy.....

Latest resources

Back