So much for scope..........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for your contribution...

Speaking of "holes" ... trapped in the iron grip of sgu's capital letters and remarkable quoting ability we should all shut up and agree with whatever point sgu was trying to make.

All things will fix themselves... But it is going to be a long wait. In ten years when regoinal pilot groups are huge then they will get together and realize they have been being pimped by big brother and they will all fight for great contracts. When the contracts are in line with the parent co's then things will shift back to they were just a few years ago.

As for all civie pilots boycotting regionals and their slave wages.... What are the options????

Millitary, (very needed but we all know the huge wages earned here)

Night Cargo
135?????
Charters???

Just about every entry level pilot position pays like SGU's post.

And, If we combine the seniority lists it basically just reincorporates a really crappy B/C scale back into the mainline contracts that all before us fought so hard to get rid of.

I think that this is going to be a big mess for a long time to come.

But... That's just my opinion I could be wrong

ENIGMA
You have the perfect name for your most educated and thought provoking post.

ENIGMA: (noun) To speak in riddles

1. an obscure writing or speach

2. Something hard to understand or explain

3. An inscrutable or mysterious person

Synonym: See (MYSTERY)

I think I'd think of a new name If I were you sweety.

I wonder how much Enigma earned when he was starting out, some 6000 hours ago.

what kills me in all this mess is how everyone thinks us regional pilot's are so blind to it all... how we're whoring ourselves out. please...

i don't like the way the RJ's are taking over either, but it's an economic fact that we'd better get used to.
you think i want to keep flying an RJ, for what i make, for a career? i maybe dumb, but i'm not stupid. i think most folks at the regionals know exactly what is happening. sure, there are a percentage who are staying put and don't want to move on (or can't), and are loving the growth. i can't say i'm one of them. yeah, great for now.... it's screwing me down the line.

the truth is the economy is shaping the airline industry now, and not the pilots. before 9/11, the unions had the airlines by the short hairs as far as control of their pay and what not. fact: labor costs make up 40% of major airline operating expenses. this is killing the major's, especially with all the high-yield business travelers gone.... i'm not telling you what you don't already know.

the control is shifting. RJ's and the crew's that are flying them are caught in the middle. we know what is happening. it's not what i want to happen, but i have little choice in the matter. one list, scope, etc... these are all attempt's for pilots to get control back in a situation that does't necessarily allow for any control on the pilots behalf.
flame away... -smoove.

What should a regional jet pilot make??

OK I cant take it anymore!!
Those of you that think RJ pilots are the fall of the industry please share some insight into what a 50 seat airplane should pay.
What should a 757 pilot make? Is the 757 pilot at ATA an industry whore because he gets paid half what a gal at UAL makes flying the same equipment???
I guarantee you I made more last year flying my 32 seat FRJ than did some guys in the industry flying DC9s, 737s and 320s.
As a matter of fact the IRS considers me wealthy?? Imagine that.

artificial constraints

Whenever one tries to impose artifical constraints in a marketplace, they better apply to everyone in the marketplace or sooner or later, they will fail.

That, in the end, will always be the downfall of one list, the failure of scope. In this case, September 11th only exacerbated the failure.

This battle has already been lost, the participants just have not been notified.

354,000 a year for a topped out 747 captain at ual on guarantee.

Don't you think that is why companies have to look for a different answer.

I don't think that anyone should blame the regionals.....

We are all just way to **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** greedy!!!

Get all the rj pilots in our union, WAKE UP, most of them are in ALPA, and look where that has gotten us. The bottom line is our mainline brothers at USAirways, or basically any other major, didn't want anything to do with us until they furloughed. What comes around, goes around.

Latest resources

Back