• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So Much For Flying The Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We call that a work ethic. My passengers and my crew will ALWAYS come before your union.

We call that a work ethic. My passengers and my crew will ALWAYS come before your union.

"My union"? So you're saying you're not a member? Then why should we care what you think anyhow? Go lick someone's boots in the GO and see where that gets you. Or as they say "bargain together or beg alone".

And you will be among the first to stand up and bitch about how the new contract sucks too.

Try being part of the solution instead part of the problem.

Oh, and they're not "your" passengers and crew. Is our ego a little too big, edct?

Hello? What part of reduced holiday schedule don't you understand? Even ASA can operate well when their daily scheduled flights are halved.

Its easy to run on time when everyday you have a three hour break. It gives you two hours to catch back up.

701EV

Who generally works on holidays? Junior pilots. Who cares least about the contract battle (because they plan to leave soon anyhow)? Junior pilots.

There you go.

I had a cookout and everyone that showed up is on first year pay. Maybe we're the lucky ones with the day off or there are enough guys/gals behind us to get screwed.

This morning was back to normal ops, waited 50 mins for our gate to open and had the privledge to share the experience with at least 5 other aircraft scattered around the airport waiting just as long.

Last edited:
Make no mistake, Delta is already up in the tower shaping things and SUPERVISING, whatta concept.

Also, combine a reduced schedule for the holiday with perfect weather conditions and even the worst can past good numbers.

Additionally, it would seem based on my schedule that the block ties are more realistic, and we have the ATL airport working with a new runway, PRMS, and a wraparound taxi that all add up to a smooth operation.

For me the question will be two things:

How will the "delta operations" handle things when the bad weather IROPS finally show up?

And, its beginning to feel quite hot in the Big A. Is the time coming when the newbies decide the ramp and 100 degree weather aint for them, and we are all the sudden short staffed again in every zone?

ASA makes a buttload of money even with poor management and an angry pilot group. How much do you think they will make when we settle a contract and the hard feeling go away?

The sky is not falling at ASA, but it will always and forever be a regional stepchild.

Medeco

I've been here for over six years and noticed a BIG correlation between weather patterns and on time performance.

Our fearless leaders are taking credit for ontime performance mainly because we are experiencing the drought of the century in ATL and there hasn't been a drop of rain or cloud in the sky for the last six weeks..................

:D

That's what shocked me. Aren't they getting fired on friday?

We find it's always better to fire people on a Friday. Studies have statistically shown that there's less chance of an incident if you do it at the end of the week.

:D

Latest resources

Back