So define a Scab...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Champion Air

As a Champion Pilot my MEC has told us that we will fly unless the NWA MEC asks us not to fly, our MEC and NWA MEC along with ALPA HQ is going to make the final decisions. Our MEC is in direct talks with NWA MEC so what ever they decide the rank and file will follow. If the NWA pilots are not on strike then the Champion pilots are not scabs, however the NWA pilots have a hell of a grievence to file because it would be a NWA contract violation fot NWA to subservice regular NWA flying if you don't agree call ALPA.

Hilarious!

What is the new definition of a scab?
Answer: Someone who I feel is preventing me from getting what I want.

Hint: If you ain't flyin' an red tail, it ain't scabbing.

You may desire to redefine scab, but you would be wrong.
Know what? Management has more unity than labore. Therefore, they deserve to win. And win they shall. They must be laughing ther a$$es off at all the infighting between pilot groups.

You are acting exactly as they want you to.

Grey area. What is Champion...a charter Co. What does NWA need some planes to fly some people around because theirs are "broke". Who do you call...a company with big planes and trained pilots. Got to be careful with the SCAB word. Many throw it around when they don't understand the true meaning.

ex. You might not like the war, you may not support the war but as a Champion pilot my job is to fly people around that rent us out by the hour. So the DOD comes by one day and says we need you to fly 5,000 troops around a month. So you check in that morning with ops and find out you are flying troops around.

What would happen if ExecJet gets the call to fly the NWA 1st class folks around????

And probably liberals too!

What?

Do you understand the pilots are not striking? The flights would not be "struck flying" anymore than if the flippin' secretary's union at Boeing went on strike.

Let's try to keep a grip on reality.

mar said:
What?

Do you understand the pilots are not striking? The flights would not be "struck flying" anymore than if the flippin' secretary's union at Boeing went on strike.

Let's try to keep a grip on reality.

Exactly! thats why if you re-read my statement before you fly off the handle, it reads:

IF they are flying struck work, they would be scabs. There is no word on wether NWA ALPA will decide to sympathy strike. But, if they do and someone picks up their trips, or NWA management CONTRACTS another carrier to fly NWA trips, these people will be scabs.

WillowRunVortex said:
If they were flying struck work, technically they would be scabs

There must be an official definition of scab written down somewhere that I've missed all these years.

I always heard that a scab got to be a scab by walking across a picket line, putting on the uniform worn by the striker, flying the exact airplanes that the striker flew prior to walking out, getting paid with the same checks written out the same accounts that previously paid the striking pilot. In other words, a scab replaces the striker man for man. Or scab for man if you will.

I really would like to know where this concept of flying struk work making one a scab comes from.

enigma

enigma said:
There must be an official definition of scab written down somewhere that I've missed all these years.

I always heard that a scab got to be a scab by walking across a picket line, putting on the uniform worn by the striker, flying the exact airplanes that the striker flew prior to walking out, getting paid with the same checks written out the same accounts that previously paid the striking pilot. In other words, a scab replaces the striker man for man. Or scab for man if you will.

I really would like to know where this concept of flying struk work making one a scab comes from.

enigma

enigma,

Thats what I thought too, had to be in same colors. That third party vendors were not considered scabs. But I was readily schooled otherwise by 320av8r (NWA pilot) and others, that yes somehow even those people that are employed by other company's and may not have unions (read: job protection) that they were supposed to refuse the work aswell or they are scabs.

320AV8R said:
The "replacement" mechanics will be FIXING aircraft that the STRIKING mechanics used to fix, but now don't.........BECAUSE THEY ARE......ON STRIKE !!!! Whether they have NWA uniforms on, or pajamas is irrelevant. They will be doing NWA work that is being struck.

320Av8R

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back