• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Smyrna, TN

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll explain the static wick thing as best I understand it.

On sunday (only the second day that most teams had been down at MQY and before the competition actually started) someone (Rumors are UND, but as far as I know, this hasn't been proven) claimed that their airplanes had been vandalized. The static wicks were cut and there was allegedly a dent in the fuselage that looked "like someone had kicked it." At any rate, NIFA grounded all the airplanes from every school until each team certified that its airplanes were airworthy. Some schools actually sent mechanics down to check their airplanes, others just sent team members to preflight the planes. At any rate, if someone actually did vandalize another school's airplanes, they have no place in aviation. If this was just a case of someone just performing an overzealous preflight and thinking it would be funny to claim sabotage, screw you for robbing from the rest of us a day of flying. You might not have a place in aviation either.

On a related note, someone said that UND has its warriors on an MEL and that static wicks aren't included on the MEL so that's why they grounded their airplanes. Is this true?

P.S. I took that air rec (wreck) test. Anyone who gets 179 out of 180 on that thing will probably die a virgin.

man this is a blast from the past.
was alot of fun when i did it. can't imagine what its like now however the same schools are doing the same things it seems. at the nats i remember running into several of the UND team and they avoided us (da mules) and anyone else like the plague. was fun tho beating the snot out of the airforce academy like step children. and all by 12 guys from an underfunded school. FU AF!

Aparently they were then known for having specific people that compete ONLY on ONE event and thats it. so if youre doing the e6B event, you only study the E6B and get locked in the closet with that thing. you fine tune it with 2in1 oil so it spins freely, you check the torques on the plate screws so its friction is how you like it.....you get the picture. everyone was like that and there was no socializing at all allowed for them. i guess their coaches were afraid of getting their students kung fu messed up.

its funny how the most unsafe flying youll ever do goes on during those SAFECON events. just to get that perfect landing. just to get that perfect fuel burn. etc.

96-97 was great for me. go mules. and rock on K-state! I gotta support my neighbors too!

Re: Strong Piper Product

DCMartin said:
Apparently I didnt get the memo on that one.

Im Broke B!t@H, Im Broke.

Anyone else member when UND's crashing...I mean flying team showed just how strong piper products are back in 2001 when they beutifully demonstrated a power off stall at 150'. Good thing it was a SAFEcon competition.

FUND

LOL I remember that....the piper was about 300 feet from the line about 200 feet in the air. The plane stalled and landed/crashed short of the box. The plane hit so hard the pilots headsets flew off. The worst part was that there was no inspection and the plane went right back around for another flight.:eek:

It is amazing how a UND plane scored first in short field landings this year though. The distance from the line for two landings was eight feet I believe. By the way, they still fly Pipers. The next best distance for two landings was 30 feet.

I'm suprised nobody has had a comment about how UND also has the best pilots winning the navigation event in addition to landings. They must sleep with their airplanes and never know the touch of a woman only their Piper Warriors.

jetblast27 said:
They must sleep with their airplanes

when do they ever have time to go out drinking then?:D

Thread resurection...

Anyone actually get scores for the CRM event? Heard someone dropped the ball there. They lost all the scores for anywhere lower than 3rd. Oh well. Thats what you get when you put old women in charge.....

Oh yeah, everyone knows FUND...like the avatar...held true for 2003 anyways...

The best bumper sticker from nationals....
"Two 99's Flying Low!"

('00 Grenada, MS)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back