• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

SLSA Aerobatic Types?

8KCAB

Kamikaze
Total Time
2 min.
I was wondering if any of you have heard of any factory-made LSA's (SLSA) being made with some Sportsman-like approved manuevers. I found one Cub copier had a clipped-wing varient in the works. When (if?) the economy recovers, perhaps some grass-rooters could get involved for less. A $18,000 engine rebuild on my (ex) Super Decathlon ended my competition day's for a while. I'm no aerodynamic engineer, but I think something would be possible even with the power and airspeed restrictions. Something 2 place that can carry a few bags, run on auto gas and self-sevicable seems ideal. Not a fan of the ELSA's (experimentals).
Any ideas?

belchfire

unpredictable member
Total Time
9:00am
I had a friend who would wring the snot out of a clipped cub on a regular basis. I've heard of clipped Taylorcraft also. Both are experimental but I don't know that would keep them from being LSA...

Mike Eggen

Total Time
There's one on ebay
Bradley Aerospace 250 light sport.
Couldn't get the link to work.

Last edited: