• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Slow Taxiing in DFW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For the first 3 1/2 days, I don't care, we get paid by the minute as well. However, there were a few times back in ORD where the commute was missed by 2-3 minutes because of it. Not cool.

NWA Too

Maybe it has something to do with the MD-80/DC-9 series aircraft because NWA 9's taxi super slow too. It is only the 9's too not another other type. I did hear though that it is mostly former Republic guys who are mad about their treatment during the merger with NWA so they taxi as slow as possible.

Seems like the NWA thing is just a general slow taxi thing for all equipment. In DTW we got stuck behind a bus for 30 mins to the gate. They were going so slow we had to stop on the taxiway and wait for them to move more and then keep going. Seems like in general NWA taxis slow.

Ace McCoy said:
Maybe it has something to do with the MD-80/DC-9 series aircraft because NWA 9's taxi super slow too. It is only the 9's too not another other type. I did hear though that it is mostly former Republic guys who are mad about their treatment during the merger with NWA so they taxi as slow as possible.
Time to build a bridge and get over it already. My wife doesn't even
bring up stuff I did 17 years ago.

If a wife can't remember something that you did 17 years ago then you are right you shouldn't hold on to something that long

DTWFO, I think that a lot of the Republic guys are moving to the Bus so that may be the case now. In defense of the former Republic or "green" book guys, they are generally nicer and more laid back than the original NW or "red" book guys.

Welcome to DFW and the home of slow taxi-ing AA 80s

If you see a blue and white 727...I have one word for you...MOVE...

Yea and if an AA 80 cuts in front of a CRJ, the itch in your ears is the Candler Pilots bashing you with every possible name.

Actually I'm in no hurry while taxiing, it's just the constant riding of the brakes, even single engine, gets old and tiring after a while.

IFLYASA said:
Yea and if an AA 80 cuts in front of a CRJ, the itch in your ears is the Candler Pilots bashing you with every possible name.

Actually I'm in no hurry while taxiing, it's just the constant riding of the brakes, even single engine, gets old and tiring after a while.

Can't you guys crack a reverser while taxiing? I know ACA CRJs used to do that before they could single-engine taxi.

As far as the cutting in front, I have definitely seen that it goes both ways regardless of the airline or airport.

As long as you aren't crossing a runway, why the big hurry? If you prang a wingtip, do you think the company is going to cut you slack because you were saving them money?

Things move slower at AA/Eagle during the last trip of the month if you're "in the money." in other words if you're over you're on track to being over gurantee for the month then you go slow...otherwise hurry up and get home.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back