Slow Month!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NW_Pilot

Dam!!! What a slow month Ferrying airplanes only a couple of short flights this month! Come on people buy some airplanes!

Seriously. January is the month I log the least hours, but it usually doubles or triples in July. But yeah Im cleaning more planes than flying and it blows goats.

NW_Pilot said:
Dam!!! What a slow month Ferrying airplanes only a couple of short flights this month! Come on people buy some airplanes!

Might need someone to move a Falcon 10 this coming month.

NW_Pilot said:

Well, according to GAMA, last year was quite a bit better than 2004:

According to the General Aviation Manufacturers Association, billings of $15.1 billion on the shipment of 3,580 piston and turbine airplanes last year was a 27.2-percent increase from the $11.9 billion on the shipment of 2,963 airplanes in 2004. The 750 business jets delivered last year was nearly 27 percent more than the 591 shipped in 2004 and the most since 2001, when 795 jets were delivered.

Hopefully your phone will ring soon. People are buying planes these days.

psysicx said:
Is it hard for you to get business?

No it's not hard to get business! it's just slow! I started this in september and this by far has been my slowest month.

psysicx said:
I was just talking about in general. Do you just market yourself on certain webpages?

I advertise every ware I can for my services. Ebay believe it or not is where about 40% of my flights come from and a lot of the airplanes are in decent shape. Then 20% from targeted E-mails, 30% Magazine ads & 10% General word of mouth, internet, etc.

Also learning if they call from a withheld # &/or start asking weird questions that it’s usually not going to be a deal or it’s just another pilot getting ready to undercut me. I am learning the game and it's fun!

I think people like it that I give them a flat rate for my services also.

Last edited:
well at least I am not the only one having a slow month, both January and Feb have been very slow, considering delivering some pizzas or something...

Latest resources

Back