Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

barnyard

F Caravans
OK, I've lived there 3 years but haven't really looked around. Anything with a little wheel in the back for rent anywhere?

I think there's an Extra at 36U...

Otherwise, I remember the area having a pretty good dearth of tailwheels. I'm not quite sure what the mentality was, but everyone seemed of kind to kind of view anything outside of the "norm" as suspect.
Oh well. I got about 165 hours of tailwheel instructing time here in the east where flying "outside the norm" is encouraged rather than questioned. Maybe I just needed to get away from the big flight school at KPVU.

If I'm ever rich, I'm going to buy a C-185.

-Goose

I think there's an Extra at 36U...

Otherwise, I remember the area having a pretty good dearth of tailwheels. I'm not quite sure what the mentality was, but everyone seemed of kind to kind of view anything outside of the "norm" as suspect. [...] Maybe I just needed to get away from the big flight school at KPVU.

If I'm ever rich, I'm going to buy a C-185.

-Goose

Goose,

Get away from the big flight school in Provo and have some fun! Too much SJS in KPVU for me (that's "shiny jet syndrome").

Wayne Something (Hansen?) in Brigham City has a Super Cub. I can't remember his last name but the FSDO (at least those few who can keep a medical) use it for their tailwheel currency. Ask Dennis Seals, or just drive up there and ask around. I sold my Taylorcraft about a year ago, or I'd be happy to fly around and explore. (That's it in my avatar, with my daughter flying straight-and-level. There won't be too many from her generation with T-craft time in their logbooks, but I made sure she logged every minute as dual received.)

Utah and Idaho have a ton of backcountry flying. And there's a lot of glider activity. PM me if you want more info on soaring in Utah, or Idaho backcountry flying.

Latest resources

Back