SLC Hotels

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jetstream

If anyone out in SLC can guide me to any good (taking the kids skiing) hotels that give airline (ASA) discounts I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

I just got back from SLC yesterday and I stayed at the Red Lion for $56 a night plus tax. It is approximately 45 min from all ski resorts. Check out Enterprise if you need a rental car. They have a special right now on their website for half-off on weekends if you rent off-airport. Their location is about a 10 min walk from the hotel.

The Candlewood, tellem you are SKYW and promise to not smear chit on the walls and thy will deny you a room, they love us!
BAAHAA
PBR

If anyone out in SLC can guide me to any good (taking the kids skiing) hotels that give airline (ASA) discounts I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

If you need ski rentals, there's the little Ski shop across the street from the Red Lion downtown that gives really good crew discounts. When I was out there you could get a mountain bike for the day $12, I'm sure the ski discounts would be pretty good too.

I can recommend the public transportation (BUS) to the resorts. It's only a couple of dollars each way. It's NOT like riding the bus elswhere, even in SLC(ie Rose Park). Everyone is going skiing. There is a "DIRECT" bus that goes to Alta/Snowbird from right infront of the Red Lion(a couple in the morning). If you don't catch the "direct" bus, you can do the Trax/Bus combo. I don't recommend it, but it works on the way back if you're in a bind. The stop is actually in front of a gas station to the side of the Red Lion. There is transpo to the other resorts except for the Park City area.

I really see little need for a car in downtown SLC. The have the trax system that is free within the downtown area. It's really hassle free. Done this scenario many times and friends have too.

Best of luck and happy skiing. I wish I could be there this winter.

If you need ski rentals, there's the little Ski shop across the street from the Red Lion downtown that gives really good crew discounts. When I was out there you could get a mountain bike for the day $12, I'm sure the ski discounts would be pretty good too.

Utah Ski and Golf is near the Red Lion and Canyon Sports is a few blocks north of that place. Both give airline discounts on ski rentals

The comfort inn and suites near the airport is about $50 with the discount.

Also check out www.parkcityinfo.com and I think you can still get a free day of skiing with your boarding pass at Park City Mountain Resort, Canyons, or Deer Valley.

Latest resources

Back