Slc Corp. Gig??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
avbug said:
As far as the 151st ARG, I believe we have a board member who's in UPT right now on their nickle, do we not? If I'm correct, I don't believe he's LDS either. Perhaps he might provide some better insight into that matter.
Correctamundo. You know, before I came to SLC I heard all the "uh oh, look out for the mormons" stories, yada, yada, and after the two years I've been in SLC, I haven't had a negative experience yet (besides that one old lady giving me EVIL looks for having a beer when I was out to dinner). Anyway......

No one in my unit has ever asked, and I don't think anyone cares. They've all been cool dudes to me so far and have always gone out of their way for me if I needed help with something.

As far as not getting a job somewhere because you're not LDS, well, first of all, it's illegal to even ask someone that in an interview, and second unless there is some secret handshake or wink that I don't know about, I don't see how they would know the difference.

THAT BEING SAID........... lets get back to the topic......

I am also looking in the SLC area for any opportunity corporate/135/91, somewhere along those lines. Anything for a low-timer with a little mil jet time and a BE40 type........

oh yeah, may be willing to convert for the right job! ;)

btw the way...........

psysicx - That's the second time I've heard you say bad stuff about the 151st. Do you know something I don't???

No some A-hole who I know a lot better now said they have a bad rap. But now I don't believe him. If you go to baseops and ask about your unit he will probably pop up.

MarineGrunt said:
Correctamundo. You know, before I came to SLC I heard all the "uh oh, look out for the mormons" stories, yada, yada, and after the two years I've been in SLC, I haven't had a negative experience yet (besides that one old lady giving me EVIL looks for having a beer when I was out to dinner). Anyway......

No one in my unit has ever asked, and I don't think anyone cares. They've all been cool dudes to me so far and have always gone out of their way for me if I needed help with something.

As far as not getting a job somewhere because you're not LDS, well, first of all, it's illegal to even ask someone that in an interview, and second unless there is some secret handshake or wink that I don't know about, I don't see how they would know the difference.

THAT BEING SAID........... lets get back to the topic......

I am also looking in the SLC area for any opportunity corporate/135/91, somewhere along those lines. Anything for a low-timer with a little mil jet time and a BE40 type........

oh yeah, may be willing to convert for the right job! ;)

Good post. A funny story regarding how one might determine if you were LDS goes something like this. The interviewer asks if you have had any "foreign sales experience?" Obviously if you have been on a mission, then you know what the answer is. Hillarious!

Put Brigham Young University on your resume, plus two years of foreign language experience, and you might be saying something.

Naturally, if the population of SLC is ~50% LDS, you could expect ~50% of the pilots to be so.

Our flight department is in a region of similar demographic, but a far smaller percentage of our pilots are LDS. Turns out religion doesn't do much for qualification. Can't log time in church. A lot of religious types (any christian religion) are turned off by the fact you may have to work on the Sabbath. Even had an applicant request all Saturdays off for religious reasons. I explained that everyone works equally. A lot of guys would like every Sunday off, but that can't be arranged either.

Last edited:
Jobs

MarineGrunt,

I have been reading your posts for some time and see your profile. I am a little curious. Are you graduated from UPT and in KC135 school? It shows you at 700 TT.

If you are looking at a jet gig in SLC and newly out of UPT with a new type and little time, insurance may be your biggest obstacle. The second hurdle is the number of job seekers locally with significant experience. Just some food for thought.

CC

CitationCapt said:
MarineGrunt,

I have been reading your posts for some time and see your profile. I am a little curious. Are you graduated from UPT and in KC135 school? It shows you at 700 TT.
Yes. Around the mid-700s now.

If you are looking at a jet gig in SLC and newly out of UPT with a new type and little time, insurance may be your biggest obstacle. The second hurdle is the number of job seekers locally with significant experience. Just some food for thought.

CC
I was pretty much taking the "Lloyd Christmas" approach to it all. "One in a million........? Sooooo... You're tellin me there's a chance........ YEAH!!!"

I talked to this one girl in my T-1 squadron at UPT, she is a reservist and is going back to a Beechjet FO job and I don't even think she has 500hrs. But then again, thats probably because the person that hired her didn't think about the insurance rates!

Latest resources

Back