Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

J3 Guy

Title: Pilot - 421B
Product/Service: Location: Required Travel: Part of the JobJob Type: Employment Type: Permanent
Description: Local Company looking for a current and qualified 421 pilot to manage and fly a very well equiped 421 b model. Additional duties will be to maintain owners helicopter records for 2 helicopters
Requirements: Pilot MUST have 2000 TT 1000 Multi 100 in type and MEI.
Company Benefits: Pay curretnly is 1200 month for up to first 5 flying days. Each addtional day is paid at $150.00. This is based on a 3 month period or 15 flying days before additional days are paid.

Am I reading right? You get 1200/mo for 5 days of work? That sounds like low pay but lots of time off. I could be wrong though.

100LL... Again! said:
Am I reading right? You get 1200/mo for 5 days of work?

$1200 for the FIRST five days. EAch additional day is $150 a day. Still REALLY low for that position and all the responsibilites that'll entail.

Judging by the way he worded that he probably only flies an average of 5 days a month, and anything else extra he'll pay you by the day.

So basically that comes out to roughly 10-15 hours a month in a 421, $1200 before Uncle Sam gets ahold of it, and you get to manage all the paperwork on two of his helicopters!

Any takers, any one??

User997 said:
I bet this boss would a be a champ to work for. :rolleyes:
User997 said:
$1200 for the FIRST five days. EAch additional day is $150 a day. Still REALLY low for that position and all the responsibilites that'll entail.
User-Why are you so down on this job? On the thread about the guy making 28K in a Lear you said:
User997 said:
Yea, but atleast he's able to pay his bills this month! I'm not saying you should all work for less just to have a job, but sometimes people don't have 5 or 6 dream jobs thrown at them at once! You gotta take em where you can get em sometimes!
If the guy in the 421 flies 13 days per month he'll make more than the guy in the Lear. I'll bet the guy in the Lear flies more than 13 days per month. Just wondering what makes this worse than the other.

J3 Guy- I agree. This job is a slap in the face.

Still enough people out there that would do it for less...

The end of all this crap is not in side my friends..

HMR said:
User-Why are you so down on this job? On the thread about the guy making 28K in a Lear you said:If the guy in the 421 flies 13 days per month he'll make more than the guy in the Lear. I'll bet the guy in the Lear flies more than 13 days per month. Just wondering what makes this worse than the other.

Great point HMR. Thanks for asking in a civilized manner and not beating me to death right off the bat!

The principle is still the same. That is just as below industry standard as that Lear job, but at face value (assuming your only flying the 5 days a month) your making $14,000 a year flying the 421 opposed to the $28,000 for the Lear. I like to think I live pretty stingy, and theres no way I could live on $14,000 a year. $28,000 a year would be no problem. And I'd still be able to sock money back. And mind you this is all BEFORE taxes come out!

Now do I disagree with the pilot who will probably go out, and apply for this job? Not a bit. Thats his perogative, and if that gives him the means to put food on his table tonight, until he can find a better job. Good for him.

And I think honestly, that my beef about this particular job section has to do with an "issue" I had with another 421 operator, very similiar, that I flew with for a few times in the past before I had to just had to walk from the job!

The worst part of this is that they require a mei, which means the boss will want you to give him his multi. That is the scary part

Latest resources

Back