JP
attending skywest referral fair on the 6th, curious if
anyone knows if they will be scheduling interviews
there? also, wondering if someone might know how
to obtain their mechanical gouge that has been floating
around in recent years.

Referal Fair

Andy,
I have a couple of questions for you if you have the time. First of all, what will SkyWest say to people who show up to the fair but don't meet SkyWest minimums. I have a couple of friends who are close and want to attend. I have mentioned to them that I didn't think they could. Am I wrong?
And my last question, do you know how many pilots are scheduled to be in the March 27th class.

Thanks.

Andy-- I too, have a question. When I attend the open house, should I have a First Class Medical in the last six months? Or, just for the interview? My last medical was in April 2001 and I have an appointment for April for a new one. Thanks.

Andy-

what sort of written test will be given? first i have heard of it. is it mostly atp written test stuff (regs, weather, ifr procedure???).

The written test is not that difficult if you have spent some time in the ATP test book. I didn't prepare for the mechanical portion and had no trouble. That was eight years ago though. Good luck.

NO PILOTS UNDER MIN'S

SKYWEST IS FIRM ON THEIR MINIMUMS, I TRIED LIKE HELL TO
GET INTO A PREVIOUS JOB FAIR INTERVIEW WITH 900 HRS AND
THEY SAID NO GO, TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO KEEP UP THE KATANA
FLYING! SORRY

Answers

Pilot applicants who show up with a referral letter but without the full minimums will be welcomed to sit through the sessions, and talk with the recruiters but will NOT be allowed to take the written tests.

We expect 20 in the March class. Last Friday, the April and May classes of 20 each were still on the books.

I wouldn't worry about the First Class medical for the open house. If called to complete the interview (tech and sim in SLC) I would be certain to have a current first class at that point.

The written exam covers Part 121 ATP questions and a 10 question mechanical aptitude test (levers, gears, pressure differentials, etc).

rj/emb-120

hey andy, wondering about what plane the classes are for. I am assuming they are for the EMB-120, but since have been delayed since my interview I was wondering. I don't want to go too crazy studying the EMB-120 if the RJ is what I will go to class for....thanks.

Latest resources

Back